Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Favorites 10.16.15

Finally Friday! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


Fall scents.  I walked into the grocery store last night and it smelled heavenly.  Pumpkin/apple spice...it was amazing.  I am not sure where it came from or what exactly the smell was, but holy cow I could have stayed in there all night.  That's saying a lot considering the grocery store is probably one of my least favorites places to be!

Bacon wrapped pork chops.  This may sound like a bit much, pork and more pork, but it really was good!  I need to tweak the recipe a bit, but once I get it right, I will be sharing it with you all!

Sweet Valley books.  Pinky @ Pink Persistence reminded me of my love of Francine Pascal's Sweet Valley series yesterday...did anyone else read them?  I was obsessed.  Between those, Babysitter Club and Nancy Drew, my nose was always stuck in a book back in the day.  I feel like I need to reread them all, right now...AND I just found out that there was a Sweet Valley University series...I think I must have stopped at Sweet Valley High.  If you aren't familiar with these books, look them up ASAP.

Gigi New York.  I made my first Gigi New York purchase this week during their Friends & Family sale.  I ordered the All in One Bag, and I cannot wait to get it in the mail.  

I plan on using this to corral some items in my larger purse, that way things are a bit more organized in there.  From what I hear, the quality is amazing which definitely makes me more excited for it to come in the mail.  The pouch is multi-purpose, too.  I can use it in my larger purse for organization, as well as a clutch when needed.  It's a win-win!

Cubs win!  Although my post Wednesday was all about the Cubs winning, I feel like it is worth noting again.  Let's hope they can keep up the good work going forward!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!  Make sure to check out The Pick link up, over at Astleigh's blog, for my favorite post of the week!



17 comments:

  1. So much fun reminiscing about SVH, what a great series!

    I have yet to make a GIGI purchase, but LOVE your bag! happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth noting dem Cubbies!!! Hope you have a glorious weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love the Gigi bag! Their quality is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many others I wanted to buy, but figured I should wait til I actually saw one in person!

      Delete
  4. Bacon wrapped ANYTHING sounds delicious--I can see why that would be a favorite! Congrats on your Gigi purchase--I hope it's everything you want it to be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES on the Sweet Valley High books!!! Someone pointed out recently that the only other "Lila" they'd heard (my daughter's name) was Lila Fowler from those books! I'd totally forgotten ... and wasn't she the bad friend anyway?! Eek haha!!! But I loved the Babysitter's Club too, and the American Girl doll books ... did you ever read those?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - GIRL. Baby-Sitter's Club was my favorite! I used to read the mess out of those. At one point, I had every single book. I never really read Sweet Valley, but I sure did love the board game! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Go Cubbies! I am living in Chicago for a year, and the spirit is infectious. :) I was so obsessed with Babysitter's Club & Sweet Valley as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog through Link up (Astleigh's) and I completely agree with you on Fall scents! I get the cheap scents from Walmart that I put in my Scentsy and they smell awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah bacon wrapped pork chops.. I need to make that asap! Sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I look at Gigi stuff I think it's sooo pretty! I think that clutch is what I would get first too! You'll have to let us know how you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO many great things! I have been eyeing Gigi New York bags but haven't brought myself splurge on a purse just yet. They are all so pretty though!

    And SWEET VALLEY HIGH! ahh memories...

    When I went to the grocery store it smelled so good too! I think it was some fall scented pinecones they sell in the flower area. I bought some for my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wanted to check out the clutch before I pulled the trigger on a purse...make sure I liked it! And yes...so many memories! Makes me want to go back and reread them all!

      Delete
  12. I am rooting for the Cubbies now that our Rangers season ended :( And I agree, love the smell of fall when I walk into a store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been off to a slow start...hopefully they will get it back again in Chicago!

      Delete
  13. I forgot all about Sweet Valley books! I loved the Babysitter's Club though, those were always one of my favorites. Super cute purse & awesome that you can use it as a clutch too!

    ReplyDelete