Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fall About Me

I came across this post idea on Lindsay's blog and thought it was perfect, especially following my "falling for fall" post yesterday.  Fall about me...an all about me, fall themed! 

Favorite candle scent - Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin.  
This is my all-time favorite fall candle.  I like to buy the big jars when on sale, then burn them as much as possible.  I actually just ran out of one, so I need to be making a trip to the store soon!

Best fragrance for fall - I don't change up my perfume according to the seasons.  My go to is DKNY Be Delicious.  I like lighter, more fresh scents and this one fits the bill!

Beverage of choice - Hot Chocolate.  I am not a coffee drinker so the Pumpkin Spice Latte is not for me.  However, I LOVE me some hot chocolate.  Especially with marshmallows, or whipped cream.  For a more "spirited" drink, I love apple cider/juice mixed with Fireball.  SO delicious.  My sister in law had this at my brother's 30th birthday party last year, and I have been loving it since!

Favorite Thanksgiving food - Dumplings.  My mom's side of the family is Bohemian-Czech, so we always have dumplings and sauerkraut at holiday meals.  The dumplings, topped with gravy, are the best!

Best fall memory - Nothing stands out specifically.  I just love the time around Thanksgiving...being with family, the food and then the shopping the next day!

Favorite type of pie - Peanut butter.  I am actually not a big pie person.  I want to like it, but I just don't.  We had a food day at work years ago and someone made a peanut butter pie...that was delicious.  I haven't had it since, but if I had to choose a pie, that would be it!

Most worn sweater - Old Navy boyfriend cardigan.  I bought three last year, and you can almost always find me wearing one on the weekends.  



Describe autumn where you live - It depends on the year, honestly.  This year it has been lots of cool mornings (40-50's), warm afternoons (70-80's), back to cool evenings.  In my mind, fall would ideally be in the 60's...all day.  I think we are starting to get into more that type of weather, but for example, today is supposed to be in the 80's again.  It is just all over the place!

Football games or Leaf piles - Definitely leaf piles!  I have lots of good memories raking leaves and jumping in them growing up.  Fall also means football to me, because I was a cheerleader throughout school, but if I had to pick, I would go for the leaves!

Fall song - I can't say there is one that makes me think of fall!

Dark lips or Winged liner - I would have to go more with the winged liner...but honestly, I don't do either!  I have just started experimenting with lipstick, and I am definitely not that talented with my eyeliner.  I think Lindsay needs to give me some tips...hers is on point!

Pumpkin spice worth the hype - If you are talking about the lattes, then to me, no.  But if you are just talking about the smell, or yummy dessert, then heck yes!

Fall TV show - I have been loving a bunch of shows this fall...Modern Family, Limitless, Quantico, The Grinder, Grandfathered, The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Amazing Race...all great!  My ultimate favorite "fall" show would have to be Friday Night Lights.  It is just SO good.

Combat boots or Uggs - I am for sure an Uggs girl.  I love them.  I have the tall ones, short ones and moccasins.  I love the look of the camo boots folded down, but I haven't ever gotten myself a pair. 

Skinny jeans or Leggings - Skinny jeans.  I like leggings, but I have yet to find a pair that I really love that I feel are nice enough to wear out.

Halloween - yay or nay - Yay!  Although, I don't have any big plans, I do really enjoy the holiday.    Carving pumpkins, dressing up and eating candy...how can you not enjoy Halloween?!

Black Friday thoughts - I am a huge fan of Black Friday.  Although, I feel like the deals aren't as good as they used to be, and it gets earlier and earlier, I still love going shopping on Black Friday.  It's a big tradition for me and my mom to go shopping on Black Friday.  We get a ton of Christmas shopping done, usually making multiple trips to the car.  It's a super tiring day, but at the same time, super fun!

Fall mornings or evenings - Definitely mornings.  I love the cool mornings and the sunrises are just gorgeous!  It gets darker so much earlier in the evenings, which makes me so tired when I get home after work.  

2015 Fall Trend - Flare jeans!  I haven't gotten a pair yet, but I used to LOVE my flare jeans.  I am definitely on the look out for the perfect flares.

What are your fall favorites?!


Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.


17 comments:

  1. Fun post, I have mine ready to go live next week. I love a good glass of cocoa in the fall [no thanks PSL] and am more of a jeans than leggings girl. Let me know if you find the perfect pair of leggings, I'm loving fleece lined ones, but it's not quite cold enough for those. I would LOVE to have dumplings at Thanksgiving. Chicken in dumplings from scratch is on my current list of meals to conquer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun post to read! I may have to do it next week!! We have lots in common!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post, oh yes or pumpkin spice and all things fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading yours yesterday! They are just so fun!

      Delete
  4. We were on the same Fall wavelength today! Loved getting to know more about you through the Fall theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm fall scents – I’m loving anything cinnamon AND pumpkin right now. Yes to the hot chocolate! I don’t really like hot drinks but when I do, that’s my choice! Love that you guys have dumplings as part of your Thanksgiving feast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally loving this post...fun. My hubby is czech but the dumplings at Thanksgiving I have not heard of. I love me some coffee but PSL...no thanks and I love all things pumpkin..weird. My hubby & I just finished the first season of FNL...I'm hooked and can't wait to start season 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cardigan and really want to get that candle! My favorite thing about fall is the weather! I'm in Texas, so while I LOVE the summer (pool weather!) it's so nice to walk outside for an hour or two and not feel disgusting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite "casual" cardigan...just perfect for the weekends! I have heard it is SO hot there, so glad the fall gives you a break from that!

      Delete
  8. Survey posts are seriously some of my favourite to write and read, and I love this fall one :D I'm totally with you on PSLs being way overrated, and fall mornings are the absolute best. Even if it takes the sun so much longer to actually wake up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I always jump on board when I see a survey post. It's so fun to get to know each other better! And it sounds like a couple of us are anti-PSL...good to know we aren't alone!

      Delete
  9. I totally love Uggs!! They are just so warm, I don't' care that they are ugly I still love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard anyone else love peanut butter pie!! My family LOVES peanut butter pie, it always a race to grab some before its gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I do adore the PSL, hot chocolate is what I drink at home since we don't even own a coffee maker.

    And ohhhh yes to apple cider and Fireball! Such a yummy combination!

    Loved this post and loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so with you on Fall scents - I went a little crazy and bought way too many candles haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a huge fruit pie person and I feel like that's the most common. But peanut butter, chocolate, or coconut cream...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES you did it! I love that DKNY scent, I may have to put it in my rotation because it is seriously yummy smelling! I love apple cider and I've never though to put fireball with it, may have to try it this fall. Teach me to be a morning person like yourself! Thanks for the shoutout, pretty girl!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete