Thursday, October 1, 2015

Decorating for Fall...

Happy Thursday!  It is actually my Friday at work, so I am super excited!  Today I thought I would share with you some of the fall decor around my apartment.

One of my favorite things to do is decorate.  I love everything about it, from the big items that are the foundation of a room, to the tiny knick knacks that pull a space together.  I especially love holiday decorating.  It helps me get even more into the season and ready for the holidays!



My mom brought me this little pumpkin with a tag that says "harvest" this past weekend when her and my dad were visiting.  So simple and oh so cute!  The bigger pumpkin was a Target find this weekend...I just knew I had to have it!


I love having a fireplace in my apartment.  I have yet to use it, but I just love the look of it.  Although it doesn't have an actual mantel, I still enjoy decorating it.


I love cloches...my mom has quite a few around her house and I have two in my collection.  They are just a great way to add interest, and super easy to change out for the seasons.


This year I decided to spruce up my window mirror.  My dad built this for me when I first moved in...he took an old window frame and added mirror panes.  During Christmas last year, I added a small wreath and wanted to do the same for this fall.  My mom and I got a small wreath from Michael's, along with some berries and leaves that I already had and made this.  To hang, we used the same ribbon as what was used for the banner to tie it all together.


I have two lanterns I keep out year-round in my apartment.  Usually they are by the fireplace, but since I pulled out my pumpkins, I moved this one over to a small stool I have for a bit of pop and color.    


This is my pride and joy for the fall.  I made this little centerpiece a few weeks ago.  If you follow me on instagram (emilyanndunham), you saw a preview of this.  I used some pumpkins I already had, along with other items I bought this year from Michael's.  I am super pleased with how it turned out!  And I found the perfect table runner at World Market.  It is super long, so I just folded it in half to work for my smaller table. 


Just a little pot of pumpkins and garland is all that's needed to spruce up my eating area shelf. 

My apartment feels so much cozier with all my fall decorations out...hope you enjoyed a peek inside!  
  

19 comments:

  1. LOVE the way you decorate! It's my first fall that I've actually decorated for and it was a lot of fun! I have a fireplace too but I don't have logs for it so I just put a lot of candles in it but the mantle is so fun to decorate!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My to do list this weekend is getting some fall decor up! I so wish we had a fireplace. They’re so fun to decorate around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I wish I had a real mantle so I could really decorate it with things, but I still love the look of just a fireplace!

      Delete
  3. So cute!! I love all of these little touches of Fall! I need to get a little wreath and put it over our hallway mirror....and some cute little decorative pumpkins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so great and not over done - which I love!! Happy early weekend to you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your style is so tasteful and rustic. I have a banner I'm planning on making this week to hang on my mantle too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love banners...my mom found a printable on Shanty2Chic and we have used it so much for various things, decorations, showers...love it!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love that mirror! I once used an old window pane to frame a picture for a friends wedding but hadn't thought about making a mirror! Love that you added the wreath to it for fall too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make super cute chalkboards, too! My mom had my dad do that for one of her friends!

      Delete
  7. I loooove that wreath on your window mirror! Such a perfect touch! Everything looks great, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks incredible! I'm so impressed, Emily! Your fireplace looks cozy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your apartment! So decorated too. I love the fireplace too, could you add a mantle? You could put pictures and candles up there.

    liz jo @sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and so clean! I could never post my decor because living with a boy means my apartment is never neat and tidy and I never want anyone to see! Haha. I love all the touches. That window mirror is so cool, and adding a wreath to it is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous and classy! You have great style. And yes I love a good fire in a fireplace :) especially cuddled up in a blanket watching a show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wicker pumpkins by your fireplace!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. your fireplace looks so good, i love those flag/banner thing! so many cute fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg can you come decorate my apartment? Not even just fall decorations, but all decorations! You have great taste! :) The ampersand on your wall...the window mirror...the burlap pumpkin...I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute!! I especially love that centerpiece you made!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you've decorated!!!! You did such a great job! It's so much better than our house--I'm just holding out for Christmas decorations!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete