Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chicken Noodle Soup

Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite recipes ever, chicken noodle soup.  

This soup is the best.  My mom spoiled us growing up by always making homemade soup.  I always crave this when I am not feeling well, and to me, no other chicken noodle soup compares.  This recipe freezes really well, so when I make it, I always like to split it up, and keep some in the freezer for a later date.


Chicken Noodle Soup  
1 package of drumsticks
1/2 onion, cut in half
3 chicken bouillon cubes
5 cups of water
1 stalk of celery
noodles (any will work)
parsley flakes

In a large pot, combine chicken, onion, celery, bouillon and water.  Simmer and cover for three hours.  After the contents have simmered for three hours, strain liquid into a large bowl.  Return broth to the large pot on the stove.  Add noodles and cook on low-medium heat.  Remove chicken from bone, adding chicken pieces back into the broth.  Sprinkle with parsley flakes.  Enjoy!

If you are planning to refrigerate/freeze the soup, let cool the soup cool for 10 minutes before putting away.  As for the noodles, the ones I used in the batch pictured are kluski egg noodles, but you can change what type of noodles you use depending on your preference!  Also, the amount of noodles used varies according to your tastes, too!  I tend to like a lot of noodles, so I add quite a bit, but you can add as much or as a little as you like.

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk and Full Time Mama for Delicious Dish. 

21 comments:

  1. My husband LOVES chicken noodle soup - it's his comfort food and I'd love to make it for him! Thanks for the recipe! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, this looks so yummy and perfect for a cool day! I absolutely love chicken Noodle soup especially homemade! My mom always makes it for me when I'm sick but I make it even when no one sick in our house! LOL! I hope you have a terrific Tuesday girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Homemade chicken noodle soup is a cure-all when sick!

      Delete
  3. Yummmm!!!! I am so into comfort food lately, this would be a perfect Sunday night dinner - my kids would love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love chicken noodle soup!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chicken noodle soup!! Homemade is the best :) Could you cook this in a crockpot?

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious!! I'm definitely in the mood for soup this time of year. Thanks for linking up with us today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love homemade chicken noodle soup! This recipe looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been a fan of Chicken Noodle Soup, but probably because we were always given the condensed can kind when we were sick. I may have to try this recipe and see if some homemade soup can change my opinion! It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I can't believe I've never tried to make homemade chicken noodle soup - definitely have to try this :-D

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm this looks SO good! I will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chicken Noodle Soup is the ultimate comfort dish. And I LOVE some soup…in fact, that was dinner tonight ;) I don't like dark meat so i'm going to try this with chicken breasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, dark meat is by far my favorite! I hope it turns out with the chicken breasts, though!

      Delete
  12. You just can’t beat homemade chicken noodle soup! Can’t wait to test out this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm back and so happy to be! I've been eating a lot of soup lately because of it being fall in my brain, not weather wise but oh well. I need to make this!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love making different soups around this time of the year, but I've never made a chicken noodle from scratch-- this version sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete