Wednesday, September 9, 2015

What's Hap-pinning 9.9.15

Hey all!  It's time for another round of What's Hap-pinning Wednesday with Jessi and Jenn!



I have been trying to eat healthier lately.  I don't always do my best, but I am working on it!  One of the things I struggle with is getting in my vegetables.  I am not a huge veggie fan.  I love these brussel sprouts, and I am a big fan of asparagus, but I realize I need to have more of a variety.  This week I am sharing with you some vegetable recipes I have pinned.  Hopefully I will get to making these and adding more vegetables to my diet!


Oven roasted green beans- Roasting imparts a yummy slightly sweet and smokey taste that makes veggies pretty amazing. If you have never tried roasting your vegetables, you really should!:
via 

For the longest time I wasn't a big green bean fan...and honestly I am still not.  And when I am talking about green beans, I mean the fresh kind.  I used to LOVE canned green beans.  My parents would grow green beans in their garden so we would have them during the summer.  My mom used to tell me to pretend they were french fries when I ate them...that didn't work.  However, I always preferred the canned version.  Now I am realizing those probably aren't the healthiest option.  I feel like as I get older, I am definitely more open to trying new things.  These green beans look delicious.  


Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli - This comes together so quickly with just 5 min prep. Plus, it's the perfect and easiest side dish to any meal!:
via 

This garlic and parmesan broccoli looks really good.  I love the broccoli in this pasta recipe, which has garlic and parmesan in it, so I feel like this would be right up my alley.


Roasted Peas with olive oil and salt. Thaw frozen peas overnight in fridge. Combine peas, oil and spices. Spread on baking sheet. Preheat to 375--bake 25 min.:
via 

Peas were the bane of my existence when I was little.  They were one of my least favorite vegetables.  I remember having to sit at the table after everyone else had gotten up after dinner, because I wouldn't eat my peas.  Because of this, I haven't had peas in years!  However, I am thinking now might be the time to try them again with this recipe!


easy garlic snap peas - ready in just 8 minutes! | the wicked noodle #healthy #side dish:
via 

I recently discovered snap peas.  I really like them!  They add a great crunch to a salad.  I have never thought about making them like this though.  This recipe looks super easy which is a huge plus!


Great for picnics, BBQs, and cold lunches! Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing (vegan, gluten-free):

I love all the fun colors in this dish.  And it includes some of my favorite things, corn and chickpeas!  This would make a great side to dinner, as well as a light lunch.  

What recipes do you use to get in your vegetables?

You can check out what else I am pinning by following me on Pinterest by clicking here.

Have a great Wednesday!

18 comments:

  1. Eating healthier is also a goal of mine this fall, so I'm excited to try your brussel sprouts recipe since they are also one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about adding Parmesan to anything!! That broccoli sounds really good! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, love me some green veggies!!! Looking good! I appreciate these ideas as I always need side ideas! Hope you're having a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to share your love of green veggies...hopefully some of these recipes will enlighten me!

      Delete
  4. I'm 100% craving greens now- who says that? haha yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those oven roasted green beans look yummy!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those green beans... YES, PLEEEEASE!

    And can you believe that I've never tried brussel sprouts?! I guess I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't need to convince me twice to eat broccoli! I love broccoli,it's the one vegetable I will eat all of the time. they say the more color variety you have in vegetables, the healthier it is :) Too bad I struggle with eating healthy too.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love canned green beans but now I feel like they're so mushy!! Bleh. I like to buy the fresh ones and prepare them though. I love roasted veggies--broccoli, asparagus, and brussels sprouts are my favorites. And quinoa salad is always sooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh those easy garlic snap peas sound amazing... and easy lol! I've been trying to eat healthier lately too. It's so hard sometimes!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wish I liked broccoli... so good for you, but I just can't seem to get on board. I'll take all the brussels sprouts and green beans though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I liked a lot more veggies. :) Hopefully some of these recipes will help me!

      Delete
  11. I've been trying to eat healthier and I've been pinning like crazy!! haha these look SO yummy! Especially the snap peas and garlic parm broccoli. YUM. Let's encourage each other to keep eating healthy :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those snap peas look wonderful! I am learning to like vegetables too. My favorite green beans are greasy cut shorts cooked the southern way-which doesn't make them healthy, boo! Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although they might not be healthy, they sound delicious!

      Delete
  13. I'm loving your pinning graphic. Gorgeous! All this food looks so scrumptious, I'm hungry now! Thanks. JK, sorta. I really am hungry now.
    Here from Tuesday TAlk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the downfalls of reading blogs is I am usually hungry ALL the time. Same with Pinterest! Everything always looks so good!

      Delete