Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What's Hap-pinning 9.16.15

We made it to midweek!  I am linking up with Jenn and Jessi for another edition of What's Hap-pinning Wednesday.



I am a bit all over the place with my pins this post.  I feel like the last few Wednesday posts have had a bit of a theme...this post, not so much.  

First off, let's start with this article.  


The Ultimate Planner Review - comparing all of today's popular daily & weekly planners to find YOUR best fit! - KaysePratt.com:

I have been thinking about getting a nice planner.  I have a little one in my purse, but I really wanted something bigger that I could make more use of.  I feel like so many people swear by different planners, which made it difficult to decide which one to buy.  Enter this pin.  When I saw the description, I knew it was exactly what I needed to read to help me decide which planner to purchase.  In this post, the blogger breaks down a handful of different planners, even showing a close up view of a filled-out page for each.  After reading this, I pulled the trigger on ordering the Emily Ley Simplified Planner.  I can't wait to get it in the mail and get organized!


Spinach & Swiss Meatballs over Quinoa for dinner tonight! Your kids will love it and it's so simple to make!:

I came across this recipe via Mix & Match Mama's blog.  I have tried a few recipes from her...I would say most of them are successful.  This one was definitely a win.  I made these this week with turkey meat and they were SO yummy.  I served them over rice, as opposed to the quinoa.  I love how the meatballs have spinach in them...I mentioned in last Wednesday's post, that I am trying to get in more vegetables.  These meatballs make it super easy to get in some extra greens.

The 10 Easiest Pasta Meals Ever:

I am constantly looking for new things to make for lunch.  This salad looks right up my alley.  I love the fact that it has noodles, corn and avocado.  I think paired with chicken or shrimp, it would make a great, yummy lunch!

don't ruin a good today because of a bad day yesterday. quotes. wisdom. advice. life lessons.:

This is a good reminder.  Some days are better than others.  But, every day should start fresh.  Leave the negatives of the previous day behind and make TODAY a good one.
    

22 comments:

  1. I love the quote :) I think that quotes are my favorite thing from the result of the Pinterest phenomenon from the past few years.

    I want a planner for 2016, too! I've just been using my iPhone, but I'm considering getting a moleskine planner for next year. Let me know if you get one that you've pinned and what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making recipes from Mix and Match Mama! I actually made one of her recipes last night. I will have to try the meatball recipe because it looks so so healthy and I love making quinoa!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an Emily Ley planner for 2016 and can’t wait to use it! You’re going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to get it! I just hope it ships fast!

      Delete
  4. I just pinned that saying yesterday!! Girl, today is GOOD! Happy Wednesday my love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good one! I had never seen it before, but it is definitely something I need to remember! Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  5. Oooh I need to try those meatballs!! They sound awesome! :)
    Thanks for linking up (and it's totally ok if your post is all over the place--I feel like mine are sometimes, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went and read that planner link and omg i can't believe she tested all those planners lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's not much I love more than a planner! Love Mix and Match Mama!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to check out that planner pin now! A lot of planners start in August, right? So maybe now is the perfect time. I always say I'm going to get organized and use a planner but then I never do. Maybe I'll be more motivated if it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the start dates vary. The way I read it, some of the planners give you Aug - Dec of 2015 and then ALL of 2016. So you can use it right away and have it for next year!

      Delete
  9. Those recipes look sooo yummy! I love that quote at the end. I'm always working on my positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that salad looks delicious! I want to try that ASAP!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, please let me know how you like your Emily Ley planner... I was so torn between hers and the Erin Condren, and I ultimately went with EC just because that's what I had last year. Decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my Erin Condren planner but the Simplified Planner has always been one I've eyed too- can't wait to see yours and how you like it :) And I have tried 2-3 recipes from Mix and Match Mama and always had success as well- yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My love for a good planner runs deep...and then I saw avocado! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love your pins! I love the ban.do planner but it's not nearly as large as the other ones that are featured in your pin.

    And your meatball pin makes me want spaghetti and those meatballs for dinner.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. AH Simplified Planner was my second choice if I couldn't get my first, I ended up getting the Desire Map Planner. We need to compare and see which one is best!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am PLANNER OBSESSED! If you find a good one, please tell me!!! I'm looking for one for 2016 and it's such a hard decision. Haha! Love your pins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know once I get mine! It really is hard to decide which is best for your needs!

      Delete
  17. That quote is everything!! Seriously, much need over here :) Super cute blog!

    xo,
    Lita

    ReplyDelete