Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

My weekend started off a little earlier on Friday, with getting out of work before my normal time.  That is always a great way to start off the weekend.  Since it was an early start, we decided to catch an early movie, The Intern.  Go see this movie.  It will make you laugh, it will make you cry.  You will fall in love with Robert De Niro.  And, although Anne Hathaway isn't necessarily my favorite actress, she was really good in this movie.  The rest of the evening was spent preparing for my parents arrival the following morning.  

Saturday was BUSY!  My parents arrived in the morning and my dad and I headed straight to the AT&T store to get a new phone.  For once, I have the latest and greatest...an iPhone 6S.  I am not very picky about my phones...I only got my first smart phone a couple years ago, so it is kind of a big deal that I actually have the newest iPhone.  I am still getting used to it, but the camera is definitely the best thing, in my opinion.  Afterwards, we headed out to lunch at 5 Star Burger.  This place is awesome.  Everyone really enjoyed their burgers.  I had the Breakfast of Champions burger.  I just love an egg on a burger.  Although it can make it a little more messy, it is just SO good.  


After lunch, we dropped my mom back at my apartment and headed out again, this time to a car dealership.  My dad just thinks of all the questions that I don't when it comes to buying a car, so it has been very helpful to have him with when I test drive cars.  I was actually pretty worn out after lunch, so I was trying to get out of going to the car dealership, but I am so glad we did because I think I found my new car!  I still need to talk to the dealer again about price, so I won't go into it right now, but hopefully later this week I will have some good news to share!  Since my mom had no interest in tagging along for the phone, or the car shopping, we took our own little shopping trip to Target and Micheal's.  I have to say, I am pretty disappointed in Target's fall selection.  I had gotten a catalog earlier this week and maybe things were just picked over, but a lot of the cute items I saw in the catalog, were not in the stores.  I still found a cute little pumpkin to add to my fall decorations, though.  The rest of the evening was spent relaxing, taking a walk and eating dinner.

My parents left shortly after breakfast the next morning.  Since the weather was a little overcast and cool, it got me in the mood to cook.  I headed to the grocery store to pick up supplies to make soup, spaghetti sauce and chicken curry.  My mom makes the best homemade chicken noodle soup.  I love having some in the freezer for when I am not feeling 100%, or when I am just craving a warm meal.  I put that on the stove, then got to work prepping some lunches.  


I had planned on making the spaghetti sauce at the same time, but with only one large pot, I had to wait until the soup was done.  I found this recipe for slow cooker chicken curry and wanted to try it.  I had a bit of a mishap while making it.  I had everything ready to go and was pouring the sauce into the gallon freezer bag when it went EVERYWHERE!  Oh my gosh, the bag just tipped over and splat, on the counter, in the sink, on the floor, on the cabinet.  It was a mess.  Then, as I was getting more paper towels, I slipped on the step stool and landed funny on my toes.  It hurt SO bad.  They are still tender today.  I wasn't done yet, though.  I had finally cleaned up the mess and was washing a few dishes, when one slipped out of my hands and I was for sure it was going to shatter.  Luckily, that did not happen.  The rest of the evening went a little smoother, although I almost knocked over a wine glass, which was thankfully empty, and then spilled water on myself right after...sometimes I just have to shake my head at myself.  I think it's an understatement to say I can be a bit clumsy.  I think yesterday definitely proved that.  

Today is a new day, though.  Hopefully it will be a little less eventful than yesterday!  Have a marvelous Monday! 

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.  

16 comments:

  1. Ha girl! You had an eventful night for sure! The crockpot looks delish, I can smell it from here!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see The Intern--it looks really good, so I'm glad that you gave it a good review! :)
    Yay for new iPhones! I got mine last year around this time so I think I have to wait another year for one. I heard this one's camera is reeeeeally good tho! :)
    So glad you had a good weekend with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the new phone!! I have plans to see the intern this weekend - I'm so excited!! Hope you have a great Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got the new phone?! Awesome!! I have the 6 and I love it, but I'm excited to see how people like the 6s with its updated features.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made that chicken curry recipe when I was pregnant to freeze for after the baby was born =) It was really good I should make it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I was a little nervous about it, so it always makes me feel better to hear a good review from someone! It definitely smelled good, just putting it all together in the bag.

      Delete
  6. I thought the Intern looked cute! Glad you liked it! And yay for parents coming to help with "life" purchases. I've never had the "new" phone either (I'm always a few behind!) so that would be exciting for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting very excited for soup weather, haha! I was browsing pinterest yesterday for new recipes to try!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me all of these pictures are with your fancy new iphone! Super excited to check it out at the apple store. My friend got one and it looked amazing, he got the rose gold. Love burgers too what a great meal to have after an upgrade.

    Can't wait to see your new car too! Got my fingers crossed that it all works out for you!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That burger looks so good and I so want to see the Intern! Your clumsiness is totally my life. I am sooo clumsy and always running into things, dropping things, spilling things, tripping over things...it's exhausting. Haha! Sounds like a great weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to hear that The Intern was good! I have been so excited about this movie! Now if it will just hurry up and come to Netflix since I won't have time to go see it in the theater! Lol. #MomLife

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, that's some serious mishaps all in one evening. Hope your toes feel better! I am pretty clumsy myself at time and I swear I'm always stubbing my toes on something- ouch! Hope your car deal works out and we get to hear about it sooN :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got me craving chicken noodle soup (homemade, of course!) quite badly now! Must have been so nice to have your parents visit - that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm yes please to homemade soup! I may have to try it! Glad it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THOSE DAYS are the worst. Here's to hoping your week gets a little better for ya :) On the bright side, Monday's over!

    ReplyDelete