Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I had such a fun-filled weekend.  I feel like I am still recovering today!

As I mentioned in my Friday Favorites post, my company's United Way silent auction ended this past Friday.  I am happy to report that we made the most money ever with the silent auction.  There was a huge push in the last half hour of the auction and we were really able to make some money.  I was SO excited!  To top off a great day, I had dinner plans to go out to celebrate my new position.  Robust Wine Bar in downtown St. Louis was the restaurant of choice.  We started off with a cheese plate and some salami.  SO good.  Possibly the best part of the meal.  The cheese was served with this toasted bread that had a hint of garlic to it...just delicious.  We both got pretty full from the cheese and meat, so we opted for smaller "tasting" plates instead of full entrees.  I had the shrimp and grits which was amazing.  Overall, it was just a really great dinner.  I would definitely recommend checking that restaurant out if you are in the area.




Another place I checked out this weekend was Blondie's Coffee and Wine Bar.  We headed there for breakfast and were very happy with our choice.  The menu has a lot of appealing options, but not too many that you are overwhelmed.  If you are into Bloody Mary's, they have what looks to be like an awesome Bloody Mary bar.  Tomato juice just isn't my thing, so I didn't partake.  I had the Ali Benali sandwich, which was sourdough bread, ham, egg, caramelized onions and swiss cheese.  Yum.  We also had to try the namesake, the Blondie.  That was delicious.  Very rich, but soooo good.  The portion was huge, too!  I feel like we barely made a dent in it.  The atmosphere was so neat...they had a ton of comfy seating, along with tables, so whether you want to just hang out with a drink, or have something to eat, Blondie's is a place to go!  



    
The rest of the weekend was filled with Richard Gere, Julie Roberts and sports.  Two of my favorites, Runaway Bride and Pretty Woman were on TV.  I just think they have great chemistry and I love both movies.  The Cardinals played the Cubs this weekend, so we headed down to Ballpark Village for the Saturday game.  Ballpark Village is an area downtown, right next to Busch Stadium that has a bunch of restaurants and bars that are located in one large building.  In the middle, they have a huge screen where you can watch different games, as well as grab some snacks.  It was a lot of fun!  





We had baseball going on this weekend, as well as football.  I am not a big college football fan, but I do participate in a survivor league at work for the NFL.  I had picked the New Orleans Saints...according the yahoo, they were a sure bet.  Unfortunately, they lost, as did some other favorites for the weekend.  So at least I am not the only one who got a strike...in this league, it is two strikes and you are out, so I am still good to go, at least for another week.  Hopefully yahoo won't lead me astray a second time.  

I hope you all had amazing weekends!

I am linking up with Biana for Weekending. 

14 comments:

  1. I totally watched Runaway Bride as I was getting ready for the wedding this weekend - forgot how much I loved that movie!! Sounds like you had a really wonderful weekend - the restaurant on Friday night sounds delish! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a weekend with good food! I'm with you on bloody mary's, just not my drink but I LOVE a blondie for dessert and that one looked delicious! Glad you had such a great weekend!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, meat/cheese can definitely be the best part of the meal ;) I made a whole dinner of that last Thursday night!

    What a fun weekend! You have me craving a Rangers game! I've got to find a free weekend to make the 3-hour drive up to Dallas..

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for making more money than before!!! I know you were only a couple hundred away from goal on Friday morning! Big reason to go out and celebrate--all of that food this weekend looks delicious!!
    I didn't realize that you lived close enough to go to Cardinals stadium. I used to go out to St. Louis ALL THE TIME when I was dating someone long distance there. Love going to a game and hanging out--sometimes that's the best part :)
    Glad you had a good weekend overall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all of your food choices! Yummy! And I'm all about pretty woman :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh - I haven't seen Runaway Bride in SO long - that used to be one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner looks delicious! Sounds like you had a fun sports weekend even though the Saints lost

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Runaway Bride!

    Sounds like you had a great weekend... that salami looks so good! I love salami so much and I don't think I've had it in years... I guess I need to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much tasty food!! I love a good meat/cheese tray and blondie's are some of my favorite types of desserts- hehe, yum! I'm in the mood to bake something now ;) Congrats on the silent auction being so successful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your food pictures are making me hungry. Looks delicious! I love Pretty Woman and I'm not sure if I've seen Runaway Bride. (I know, it's crazy!) I need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That wine bar sounds fun! I would love to go there one day, sounds right up my ally haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all Julia Roberts's movies! I think she's a great actress and I love Pretty Woman! So glad you had a fun weekend! It looks like you ate at some really good places--makes me so hungry!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your food looks SO good! Ballpark Village sounds like a lot of fun too, kind of like an entertainment district, I'm guessing like Power & Light maybe? They are building something similar here in Omaha which I'm SO excited for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So great that you had such a successful fundraiser! And all of your food pictures look delicious!

    ReplyDelete