Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  Per usual, I could use another day to the weekend for sure.  It was a really fun weekend, but I am tired this morning!

Friday evening started out with an early movie.  We went to see Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.  It was really good!  We were the only people in the theater which was so nice.  It was fun to be able to talk out loud about things as opposed to whispering or not saying anything.  Tom Cruise was great...I still can't believe he really did his own stunts.  The airplane thing just blows my mind...SO scary!  The rest of the evening was low-key.  Dinner in front of the TV and some Modern Family.  I love watching the Modern Family reruns...if I am home on a Friday night, you can bet I have those on all night.

Saturday was pretty uneventful in the morning/afternoon.  The weather was GORGEOUS!  I had the windows/sliding door open to let some fresh air in.  It was so nice.  That is one thing I dislike about living in an apartment, not being able to have the windows open more often.  I only have two spots to open, and there isn't much air circulation between the two.  Also, I don't feel comfortable enough leaving them open while I sleep, which stinks when the weather is nice.  I did a Hobby Lobby run to pick up a few more fall decorations.  They already have SO MUCH out for Christmas!  That is crazy to me!  However, everything was 40% off, so if you want to get a jump on your Christmas decorations, I highly suggest checking Hobby Lobby out.  I had some excitement Saturday evening - the power kept going off.  I think there may have been some type of accident that caused this, but I never figured it out.  Luckily, both times this happened, the power only stayed off a few minutes.  The first time it was still light outside, so not a big deal.  The second time, however, it was super dark out!  Thankfully, I had a candle lit so that helped me out for the 10 minutes it was out.  I instantly went to worse case scenario though...how long does food last with no power, that type of thing.  After the whole power fiasco, I decided I would take advantage of the 40% off sale that Loft had going on and ordered a bunch of items.  I have plans to share my order with you later!

Sunday I was up early to get some things done before meeting up with a friend for brunch.  We headed to Brasserie for brunch.  This was my second time there and it was as good as I remembered!  We took advantage of the weather and sat outside.  The one thing I dislike about places like this, are the tiny tables.  I always feel like I am going to knock something over.  Case in point, as soon as we sat down, I hit the pepper shaker.  Luckily it fell on top of my purse.  And right side up, too, so I didn't have a purse full of pepper.  The drinks there are delicious though, as is the food.  I had the corpse reviver cocktail and eggs benedict for my meal, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices!




After brunch, we headed to Old Navy for a quick shopping trip.  My friend was looking for a specific item, which of course, they didn't have in store.  I feel like that happens to me a lot when I go looking for something specific.  I did pick up this super cute dress, for $15.  I didn't try it on, so I hope it fits!  I am thinking it will be a great transition piece.  Good for the warm fall days, and when worn under a cardigan, perfect for cooler weather.



That was my weekend!  Hope you all had a great one!  I am linking up with Biana for Weekending.


19 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely :) Nothing like a good brunch! It's the best meal of the week!

    Cute dress! I think Old Navy is so good for those inexpensive, wear-for-a-season-then-toss type of clothes. Because $15 is AWE.SOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I could eat brunch everyday. $15 is a steal!

      Delete
  2. We were able to keep our windows open too, I hope this weather stays! Love that dress, excited to see you in it!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Mission Impossible too and I'm with you he's quite the dare devil!! I love the dress you picked up - i can see it styled with some booties too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I got that same dress but in a floral pattern - can't beat $15 bucks!! I need to go check out Hobby Lobby, although for fall stuff, can't believe they have Christmas out already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We liked Mission Impossible too! Action packed! Such a cute ON dress! So glad you had great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We really liked Mission Impossible too. It was much better than I'd been anticipating!
    Saturday our weather stunk so I'm glad that you had a nice day. Sunday more than made up for it tho!
    Love a weekend that includes brunch :) Love that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cocktail looks good! I can't believe Tom Cruise did his own stunts either. I didn't see the movie, but I saw the behind the scenes thing when they were showing how they filmed the plane scene...crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress you picked up from Old Navy! Can't wait to see your Loft items :) I'm going to make a Hobby Lobby run this week to see if the fall stuff I want is any cheaper yet!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know he did his own stunts.. that's impressive! I love Modern Family marathons!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a nice weekend! Tom Cruise is pretty impressive doing his own stunts at his age!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea that Tom Cruise did all of his own stunts for that movie!! That's crazy!! I have a whole knew respect for him because that airplane scene at the beginning scared the crap out of me!

    And girl - Hobby Lobby - yessss! It's only my favorite store ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a behind the scenes thing about him on the plane...just insane! I can't believe someone actually let him do that! But very cool at the same time.

      I hadn't been to Hobby Lobby in ages, but this shopping trip rekindled my love for it!

      Delete
  12. Love that dress you got- looks comfy and cute! :) I might need to stop in at Old Navy, I hardly ever go there since the closest one is about 30+ minutes away- and I don't know what sizes I wear there so I'm scared to order online haha. Just need to make the trip I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saturday was beautiful for us too!! Guess it was beautiful all over the US. I love your dress you picked out I'm sure it will look great :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED the weather this weekend!!! I wish it would stay like that for the rest of the week! And I picked up a few fall decorations at Hob Lob, but I almost bought Christmas instead--it's my favorite holiday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have to check out Hobby Lobby! I think I've only shopped there once but I always hear that they have great stuff. It's been SO nice to have the windows open but now it's going to get hot again this week, oh well. I had bad luck with ON this weekend too! I found a super cute shirt at the store but they only had one color & of course it wasn't online! Sounds like you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m the biggest Christmas lover but I cannot believe stores already have things out – WAY too soon! When Loft does 40% off it just makes my day!

    ReplyDelete