Thursday, September 3, 2015

September 2015 Goals

These months are flying by!  The saying that the days are long, but years are short is too true, especially this year it seems.  I am ready to start off the month with some goals, but first, let's take a look back at how I did in August.

August 2015 Goals

1.  Make 4 new recipes.  I made three new recipes.  Although not a complete success, I think three is pretty good!  You can see which ones I made in this post.  All turned out really well!  

2.  Wear lipstick.  I definitely improved on this.  I made it part of my make up routine in the morning.  It took a little getting used to, and I am still not quite sure that I have found the perfect color, but I wore it!

3.  Drink hot water with lemon.  Check!  I did this in the mornings.  I am not sure if I experienced all of the benefits I read about.  I plan on still doing this sometimes...I figure it can't hurt anything! 

4.  Under sink organization.  Major fail.  This did not happen.  It's going to be recycled into a September goal.

Overall, it was a relatively successful month.  Onto September!

September 2015 Goals

1.  Under sink organization.  I said I was going to recycle this goal from last month!  I really think if I take the time to get organized, then I will find I have some unused space under the kitchen sink.  With limited storage in my apartment, I definitely need to be conscientious of any extra space I can find!

2.  Clothing list.  I am stealing this idea from Mattie.  I want to make a list of specific things that I want to add to my wardrobe.  Then, when I am shopping I will have set items to look for.  I think this will help me be more intentional with purchases.  And hopefully limit spending on random stuff!

3.  Christmas presents.  I want to get started on my Christmas lists.  I don't necessarily mean purchasing anything, but I want to start brainstorming ideas on what to get everyone.  That way I can be ahead of the game when it gets closer to the holidays.

4.  Live in today.  As I mentioned in this post, sometimes we get so busy "waiting" on what is next, we forget to appreciate what is happening now.  I know I am guilty of that.  I definitely want to try and work on being more in the moment.  

Happy September!  

13 comments:

  1. I really need the wearing lipstick habit to rub off on me, I am awful about not doing that! Was drinking the hot water with lemon hard?! I have heard it helps your metabolism tremendously! I think for Christmas this year, I am literally getting everyone gift cards...ha easy enough!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we all need reminders to live in the moment. It's really hard sometimes, but always a good thing to strive for :)
    Have you tried drinking lemon-infused water throughout the day? I drank it most days last year and felt like I got sick way less than I normally did (which is saying something because I work with kids)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay goals! I love it when we share these with each other, because it makes us do them!!

    (I'm trying to wear more lipstick, too! Haha..it's just so fun. I have no idea why I didn't wear it for my first 24 years of life..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing them definitely holds me more accountable. Even though I don't always achieve them, I still usually get a few accomplished which is great!

      I wasn't ever a lipstick wearer either, but now I really feel like it finishes the look!

      Delete
  4. I struggle with living in the moment as well. I feel like I'm always looking ahead, waiting to 'start' life. I don't know why i do that so often! But i'm glad to know i'm not the only one haha Also, what a good idea to start getting organized for Christmas now! I might need to do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in the moment is one of those easy to say, hard to do things for sure!

      Delete
  5. Ahh I wanted to steal a goal from you too (wearing lipstick) and totally forgot! Boo. And I really need to start thinking about Christmas presents. Otherwise I'll be scrambling/spending a lot all at once, which is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wear lipstick!! I love this!! I've been saying for months that I need to find a good lipstick shade (I always only wear Victoria's Secret lip gloss) and I have yet to search for one... I haven't worn actual lipstick in years... maybe even since high school! I need to put this on my list of goals as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found a really good color from one of the Clinique bonus gifts. I haven't found my "perfect" color, but just a little something makes me feel much more put together, and I have decided I like pictures of myself more when I have a little color on my lips. :)

      Delete
  7. i love drinking lemon with water, such a nice kick and taste to make it less boring. it's supposed to be so, so good for you!

    i recently cleaned under my sink and it feels so good to get rid of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals for September! I'm currently cleaning out my closets and have vowed to be so much more intentional about what I buy going forward so I don't end up with a closet full of clothes I never wear again!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great goals! Getting ideas for Christmas is an awesome idea too. I'm sooo bad about waiting until the last minute to buy gifts for people so I need to keep this in mind! And that's so true about living in the moment too. It's easy to get wrapped up in other things & it's good to just be sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from Tuesday Talk (co-host). We have a Greek Festival here in Charlotte every year and I've yet to get there due to traffic, parking and masses of people so I enjoy their great food at our local Greek restaurants. Gyros are a favorite for sure. Happy Sunday, see you next week on Tuesday Talk.

    ReplyDelete