Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Favorites 9.4.15

It's Friday! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


My brother, sister-in-law and little nephew!  I was able to spend some time at my brother's house this past weekend/week, helping out him and my sister-in-law with their new baby.  Although I am not sure how helpful I was, it was super great to spend some quality time with them.  And it was a nice little escape from reality on my end!

Short work weeks!  Since I was at my brother's earlier this week, work has consisted of just yesterday and today.  Pretty great!  Even better is having next week be short, too, with Labor Day.  It's going to be rough having to go a full week!

Haagen-Dazs Caramel Cone Ice Cream.  This ice cream is so delicious.  I really think it might be one of my very favorites.  I love the combination of the chocolate, waffle cone and caramel.  What's even better is they are sold in these little miniature containers that come with their own spoon.  It is the perfect size to satisfy a craving!

A real book.  I love my Kindle.  I use it all the time.  However, sometimes there is nothing better than reading a real book.  One you actually have to turn pages in, rather than just press a button, or swipe your finger across the page.  I have a new one I am planning on reading this weekend - Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber.  It was passed from my mom's friend to my mom and now to me.  I really like Debbie Macomber books, so I am sure I will like this one.  Regardless, I am just excited to have a new "real" book to read!

St. Louis Greek Festival.  We stumbled across this festival last year.  Here, I discovered my love of gyros.  They have a ton of food, as well as vendors for some light shopping and traditional dance performances.  The dancers vary in age, which is really neat to see the young and the old together performing these folk dances.  Last year, we went after brunch and were stuffed.  We only took a gyro to go so I could try it later on, but there were so many more things I wanted to try.  It was a really cool experience.  I would definitely suggest stopping by if you are in the St. Louis area this weekend.

Check out my favorite post of the week over at The Pick link up with Astleigh!

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend!      


14 comments:

  1. Short weeks are seriously the best! I’m already on weekend time and so happy to be. I’m so going to miss craving ice cream so much once the weather gets colder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That festival sounds like so much fun!! I'm with you on short work weeks - bring them on! Enjoy the weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome week! Haha! I could go for a 2-day week ;)

    The Greek festival sounds fun. Why can't our stomach be bottom-less pits at certain times of the year? Foodie Festivals and Thanksgiving Day, in particular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you...I love to eat, but it seems I always overeat at these things and then feel sick! Be nice if we didn't have that problem!

      Delete
  4. Glad you've gotten to spend so much time with your new nephew! I love to read real books, I can't bring myself to read digitally! Have a great weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your brother and sister in law loved the company! You should cook for them, or offer to watch the baby while they nap or get a massage. :)

    I love greek food! Have a great long weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books as well and that's actually all I read. I just got my first Kindle the other day as an employee appreciation gift at work, and I'm not even sure what to do with it! I guess I'll just be using it as a tablet. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was anti-readers for awhile, but they are super convenient! I read pretty quickly so it is nice to have something that has multiple books on it and it is so much lighter than a real book in my purse!

      Delete
  7. I'm hungry for ice cream right now! It's 92 degrees and our favorite ice cream shop closes this weekend! Must go!! Ha ha! Enjoy this weekend beautiful! May it be full of fun and laughter!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you made it to your ice cream shop! I think all ice cream places should be year-round.

      Delete
  8. Yay for short weeks! I took today off, although I worked four tens but still, four day weekend woohoo! So great that you got to spend time with your brother, his wife, and your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes i'm all about real books :) Kyle has a kindle and ipad and I prefer the book version. And ice cream :) yum!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read about the Greek Festival and was interested in checking it out, its nice to see a recommendation to go. I only wish the weather would be a bit cooler this weekend! -Kate (kateandpauldolife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know if you make it! It has been crazy hot here!

      Delete