Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Favorites 9.25.15

Happy Friday! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


Friday.  This weekend seemed like it dragged on...and on...and on.  I am super glad the weekend is here.  

My parents.  My parents are coming down this weekend and it will be really nice to see them!  We have a few non-fun things planned, like getting a new phone, but hopefully there will be plenty of time for fun stuff, too!

Coney Island Root Beer.  Last week, I mentioned Not Your Father's Root Beer.  A co-worker came across Coney Island Root Beer this past weekend.  He actually likes it better than Not Your Father's!  When I tried it, it wasn't as cold as it needed to be, so I couldn't quite tell which one I liked better.  I plan to do my own taste test this weekend!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.  I made these cookies last night for a birthday celebration at work today.  I was really excited because I haven't had them in forever and they are one of my favorites.  Hopefully everyone at works likes them, as well!  Check back next week, because I plan on sharing the recipe!

Thank you to everyone who left suggestions on my "getting organized" post yesterday.  It was all very helpful!  To summarize, people use either colored pens, stickers, post-its, highlighters, or different shapes/spacing to help stay organized and differentiate in their planners.  I will keep you posted on which one I opt to do!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Make sure to check out my favorite post of the week over on Astleigh's blog for The Pick.

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some delicious stuff ahead...I love the idea of a little adult root beer taste-off! :) I hadn't heard of the other kind of root beer before (and I haven't had Not Your Father's yet either).
    Hope you have a great visit with your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love root beer! Have the best weekend with your parents!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time with your parents - that's always my favorite kind of time! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm...Root beer is my fave soda (even more than my guilty-pleasure-diet-coke...). Let us know about your taste test results.

    Hope you have a great weekend with the 'rents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time with your family this weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an exciting weekend you have planned. I have to check out that other rootbeer too!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so need to find one of those hard root beers! I'm so intrigued because I don't like actual beer. I looove chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. So good! Have fun with your parents this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun with your parent's this weekend!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coney Island Root Beer?! Well I guess I need to try that since I love the Not Your Father's so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy time with your parents!! I'm getting to hang with mine (plus my sister/niece!) a lot this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny, when I read about the root beer last week on your blog, I told my husband about it and he had just heard about it that day as well! Will have to try the Coney Island too! Have a great time this weekend sweet Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny! I really think that it is becoming more and more popular now! Have a great one!

      Delete
  12. Coney Island is the one I saw in the store! I'm going to try it next time I see it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously just taste like reg. root beer...I had my dad try it this weekend and he was so surprised, too!

      Delete
  13. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my favorite! Looking forward to trying your recipe. Have a great weekend with your parents visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a nice weekend. I ate some more cookies, too. They really are one of my favorites!

      Delete
  14. Ohhhh I can't wait for your cookie recipe. I'm hoping that I can make it gluten free :) A weekend with parents is always fun. Hope you're enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will let me know if you can! It was a pretty great weekend, definitely makes it hard to go back to work!

      Delete