Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Favorites 9.17.15

Happy Friday! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


Not Your Father's Root Beer.  I heard about this beer from a coworker.  He had it at a family get together up by Chicago, but when he came back to St. Louis, it was not available in stores!  I had been wanting to try it because I really enjoy root beer.  This past Monday I was grocery shopping and came across it at the store!  I was so excited.  It really lives up to the hype, too.  It tastes exactly like root beer...I can't tell there is any alcohol in there at all.  That could be trouble, but I doubt I would ever be able to drink more than one or two of these things because they are definitely sweet.  Seriously though, if you are a root beer fan, try this!


Target savings.  I headed to Target the other night for a few different things and I saved $12.47!  Lately, I have been getting a lot of coupons in the mail from Target, as well as coupons that print off with the receipt at the end of a transaction.  I feel like a lot of times, those coupons aren't really usable for me, but I have lucked out the past few times!  Also, I have been trying to utilize the Cartwheel app.  I still am trying to figure this one out, I don't think I am using it as much as I can, but I am improving.  Between coupons, the Cartwheel app and my RedCard, I was pretty impressed with my savings.  I just love feeling like I got a deal, so although it might not be much, I was really proud of it!

End of United Way Silent Auction.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am in charge of my company's United Way Silent Auction.  The silent auction ends today and I am so excited to see what the end result will be!  We are getting close to last year's amount, so I am hoping that with one last push today, we can raise even more money than before!

Fall TV.  Next week seems to be the week for new shows to start, as well as old shows to come back.  My DVR has been a little empty lately, and I am eager to get it stocked up again with good shows to watch.  A few I am looking forward to starting include Modern Family, The Amazing Race, Quantico, and Nashville...really, the list could go on!

Surprise packages!  I came home from work yesterday to a package from my parents.  I wasn't expecting anything so I was super surprised.  Inside was a sweet little note with a new top and tank as a congratulations on my new job.  Thanks Mom and Dad!


Have a great weekend!  

  

15 comments:

  1. That's the sweetest thing to get a package from your mom and dad :) I love a good surprise package! I'm feeling inspired to start sending more of them... they really brighten a day!

    Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your parents sent you a congratulations package! That's so sweet! My mom used to mail me stuff in college all the time and it always made my day! And the root beer beer is becoming a hit around here. My husband tried it for the first time last week and was hooked!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what sweet parents !!! I am so excited for Fall TV Too!! DVR get ready. Lol. Target is my addiction!!! Hope you have a glorious weekend beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Receiving that package was such a nice surprise! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for Fall TV next week - it's going to be epic!! Hope you have a great weekend!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to Nashville, too!
    Good luck on your silent auction today--I hope the results are awesome! :)
    So sweet of your parents to send you a congrats gift--love :)
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how cute are your parents!!!? I love that package! Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet that your parents sent you a congratulations gift! I can't wait for all the fall tv premieres next week :) Target savings have been great lately! I'm new to the cartwheel app too but I love it so far!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOT YOUR FATHER'S ROOT BEER IS THE BEST!!!! Hubs and I just bought our first ones a couple of weeks ago and it is so good.

    And how sweet of your parents to send you a surprise... it's always so exciting to get packages in the mail!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unexpected packages are the best! Especially when there's good stuff inside. :) Okay I've seen people talk about that root beer but honestly I thought it was just root beer. I didn't know it had alcohol in it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for a present from your parents!!! I just finished my United Way volunteer project today too! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely checking out that beer this weekend I'm not a big beer fan but something that tastes just like root beer? count me in

    And how sweet of your parents to send you a care package!!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the TV shows that you mentioned!! Can't wait for Fall television! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    - Seri
    www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem with fall TV is trying to figure out a schedule so I can watch everything I want...too many good shows at the same times!

      Delete
  13. I just tried that root beer last night & it is really good! Definitely doesn't have a beer taste to it at all. Target is the best- I love using the Redcard & Cartwheel. Plus I love getting the free shipping with the Redcard! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete