Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Favorites 9.11.15

Happy Friday! I am linking up with Momfessionals, A Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


How is it that the shortest weeks seem the longest?  Really, though.  I am so happy it is Friday!  I will be even happier when it is Friday at 4:00!  On to my favorites...

Urban Chestnut Brewing Company.  St. Louis has a ton of great breweries.  I was able to secure a donation from UCBC for my company's United Way Silent Auction.  Some places mail in their donations, but since they were donating a case of beer, then it needed to be picked up.  That was perfectly fine with me, as it gave me an excuse to go grab a drink and some food while I was there!  I was pleasantly surprised with the food.  I have had their beer before and knew it was good, but had never tried the food.  We really enjoyed it!  We both got something different, that way we could try each other's food.  I had the pork schnitzel which I really liked, and my partner in crime got the beef schnitzel.  Both were good, although it ended up we liked each others better, so we switched!  The pork had a mustard on it that I wasn't crazy about, so next time I will order it without.  Both sandwiches were served with a yummy salad tossed in some kind of vinegarette.  We also tried the fries and pretzels, but I would say the sandwiches were the star.  My beer of choice was Schnickelfritz, which was super yummy.  Not only was the food good and the beer great, this place has a cool atmosphere.  I believe it is in an old warehouse/building, so lots of exposed brick, which I love.  The seating there is a bunch of long wooden tables with benches.  They even have an outside area, as well.  Just a super neat place!



Jurassic World.  I never got to see this movie when it first came out, but for some reason it was back in theaters Labor Day weekend.  We went to see it on Monday and both really enjoyed the movie.  I have never seen the originals, but I don't think you really need to before seeing this one.  At least, I don't think it affected my viewing pleasure!  There were a ton of good previews, too.  Sometimes I get so into the previews, that I almost forget what I came to see!  

Weekend weather.  This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous.  We are talking temperatures in the 60's and 70's.  I cannot wait.  

My sister-in-law.  My sister-in-law sends me and my parents a picture of my sweet nephew every few days.  I LOVE that she does that.  I just think it is so thoughtful.  I know we all really appreciate her making the effort to do that.  And he is just so dang cute, it always brightens my day to see his little face!

All of you!!!  Yesterday I mentioned I had big news...I accepted a new position within my company.  I love reading the encouraging and positive comments left by you all.  It really means so much to me!  I can't wait to get this new adventure started!

Hope you all have a great weekend!          



9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about the temps this weekend, too! It might give me an excuse to throw on some ballet flats without my feet dying! And of course, grabbing a Starbucks drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm that food looks so good!
    We saw Jurassic World back when it was in theaters and liked it, too. Still not the same as the original but I thought they did a good job.
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you liked Jurassic World! I loved the originals but haven't seen the new one yet!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm, that restaurant sounds so good! One of our favorite restaurants here in town is a brewery as well. The food and atmosphere sound very similar to yours.

    And Jurassic World, yes! We wanted to see it on our date a couple of week ago, but it had already left the theater here. :o( Guess we'll have to wait and watch it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet your SIL does that! Have a nice weekend and celebrate your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That weather sounds glorious! I also love that your sister in law sends pictures of your nephew! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun week. Super excited for you on the new job. I think you'll like it like you said.
    Love the food too, looks so yummy. That's so nice of your SIL, I'm so bad at sending pictures to family.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet your sister in law does that! Mine does the same every so often and it's so fun to get a chance to "see" the kids more often.

    ReplyDelete