Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fall Fun


I have been all about fall lately.  It really is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love the weather, and the fashions.  I also love all the fun things that you can do during the fall.  

One of my must-do activities for the fall is going to a pumpkin patch.


Image result for pumpkin patch pictures

Growing up, we had the best pumpkin patch by us, Jones Country Garden.  During the fall, they turn it into "Pumpkinland."  They set up scenes from favorites fairytales/stories in the wooded area, with the characters made with pumpkin heads and stuffed with straw.  They also have a ton of other activities for children, as well as your traditional pumpkin picking.  It was my FAVORITE.  Now that I am no longer close to home, I have had to find new pumpkin patches to visit.  When I was in college I discovered Eckert's.  Eckert's has multiple locations, but the one in Belleville, IL, is the one to visit in my opinion.  Depending on what is in season, you can pick various fruit, as well as pumpkins.  You are taken out to the field via tractor and wagon, where you can pick your own items.  They also have a shop, country store and a restaurant for some hearty, home-cooked meals.  There is also an area for kids, but I have yet to experience that part.  When looking for a quick stop, there is a pumpkin patch not too far away from my apartment complex.  Talk about convenient!  Rombachs Farm definitely has a lot to offer.  There were a ton of kids' activities, as well as food stands and little shops.  Their "pick your own" wasn't quite like others I have been to, but they had a lot of pumpkins already picked that you could choose from. 

Another fall favorite is decorating.  I love the colors of the fall.  They are so warm and cozy, I just feel like the house feels instantly more homey with a little seasonal decor.  I try to pick things that will take me through until Thanksgiving...nothing too "Halloween-y" for me.  I also stock up on my favorite Yankee Candle, Pumpkin Spice.  I hope to have some fall decor pictures to share with you in a couple weeks, so more on that later!

I am linking up with Mattie & Julie for their brand new link up, Tell Us About It and with Jessica & Katie for Tuesday Talk.




Tuesday Talk Link Up
                 




16 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I'm so ready for fall. Unfortunately, it's going to be 98 in Austin today.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for Fall this year. I can't wait to get out all of my pumpkin decorations, start baking pumpkin treats and making yummy football food :) That pumpkin farm looks like so much fun. I'm hoping to find a great farm to take my daughter to this year in Indiana. Thanks for linking up with us for Tuesday Talk!! :) Whitney @ Polka-Dotty Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I can't wait to visit the pumpkin patch this year! And I totally forgot to start getting my fall decor out yesterday. I know what I'm doing tonight. :) Thanks for linking up! Hopefully we have the glitches all worked out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't have fall without a visit to the pumpkin patch, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for fall this year and bummed that the first week of Sept is going to be in the 80s and 90s around here. Looking forward to a pumpkin patch though! And yours looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad mother nature won't cooperate for all of us ready for fall weather!

      Delete
  6. I love decorating too! We have a great pumpkin patch where I live. Jones Country Garden sounds like so much fun though!! I love that they set up scenes from fairytales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall candles are the absolute best!!! I am with ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up today Emily! :)

    I love going to the pumpkin patch too, I forgot to put that in my post! I love roasting the pumpkin seeds after, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love! I need to pick up some more pumpkin candles too - they are my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, yes, and YES for fall!! I'm doing an All About Fall post in my Five On Friday this week and I can't wait! Now, if only the weather would cooperate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your post! And yes, the weather needs to get on board ASAP!

      Delete
  11. I need to go to a pumpkin patch! They sound so fun (haha, I've been a very sheltered person and have never been to one!). Love fall decorations too & I am with you on the kind you can keep up through Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm 100% into Fall...give me all the pumpkins and apple pies you can!! I'm so excited for it to cool off a bit! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE fall and I love pumpkin patches! I think the pumpkin patches in AZ open in October and I cannot WAIT!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete