Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite cookie recipes...chocolate chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  

I always think of Lake Michigan when I think of these cookies.  It seems like every year we have gone to Lake Michigan for vacation, someone has made these.  They are the perfect cookie to bring down to the beach...when you get ready to eat them, the chocolate chips are melted just right and oh my goodness, SO good.  

I made these last week for a birthday at work and I couldn't help but keep a few at home for myself.  


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 6oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets.  Stir together flour, oatmeal, cocoa and baking soda in a separate bowl.  Beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Stir in flour mixture until well blended.  Add chocolate chips.  Drop batter on prepared cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on top.  Let stand on baking sheet for 3 minutes.  Remove cookies to rack to cool.  Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk and Full Time Mama for Delicious Dish. 

19 comments:

  1. We love sweets wayyyy TOO much around here! I need to make these but I know they won't last over a day ha!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love sweets wayyy TOO much around here! I need to make these but I know they won't last over a day ha!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I love boiled oatmeal cookies so I will have to try these out!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. We go to Lake Michigan every summer for vacation as well! We are quite smitten with the mitten! I think these cookies are a must to take along on the next trip! Thanks for the recipe girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmmm, anything with the words chocolate and cookies is perfection in my book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look SO good! Oatmeal is supposed to help with breastmilk production so that will be my excuse for eating them all haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. So yummy! I never had heard of a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie until a few years ago. BIG fan! Chocolate is way better than raisins. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these because of the cocoa that goes in, too!

      Delete
  8. These sound so good! And WHY is everybody posting recipes today?! Y'all are making me hungry for something good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I'm with Tania, chocolate is much better than raisins, and I looove oatmeal cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can never go wrong with oatmeal + chocolate chip cookies! And where did you visit on Lake Michigan? I grew up in Holland right on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHOCK! I've never had a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. But now I have my gluten free oats and flour to make my own with this yummy recipe :) thanks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will have to let me know how that turns out!

      Delete
  12. YUM! I haven't had homemade cookies in a while - I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those look amazing i need to make these stat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! I have a very similar recipe and we make them year round. So glad you posted to our Cookie Swap on Tuesday Talk. We've had a lot of oatmeal cookie recipes and it is nice to see how each one is a little bit different.

    ReplyDelete