Thursday, September 10, 2015

Changes...

I have some big news today...yesterday I accepted a new position within my current company.  I am not sure how long the transition period will be, but I am hopeful it will be short so I can get started sooner than later!

I have been at my company for over 5 years.  I started off as a temp-to-hire with a staffing agency and was luckily hired on full-time once a new position was open.  About six months after, I moved over to Finance in accounting.  I have been there ever since.    

My current group is like a little family.  It is always hard to make a change, but especially so when you work with a great group of people.  The good thing is that I should be working with them somewhat in my new position.  And they will all just be a floor down, so I can always go visit.  

I am so excited for a new opportunity, though.  New people, new work, lots of learning...

I am very nervous, too.  There are always those thoughts, like, will I do a good job, will I be able to do the work I am given well?  I don't want to disappoint my new group!

I was lucky enough to have lots of support from my loved ones.  I don't know how many times I brought up the job situation, but they were always there to listen.  Thank you!!!

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind...interviews, jobs offers and big decisions.  It has been STRESSFUL!  However, now it is all over and I can't wait for this next chapter.

Photo taken by @bossbabe.inc on Instagram, pinned via the InstaPin iOS App! (10/05/2014):
via 

Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud.





20 comments:

  1. congrats! that is great news!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away

    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! A new job position is a good change! I know you'll do great in your new spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good luck, Emily! Sounds like an exciting, stressful, invigorating experience :) Keep us all in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new job, girl! I know what you mean about changes being a little nerve-wracking, but it's only for the first little bit until you find your rhythm. I'm sure it'll be great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new position!!! I'm sure you'll do great. And yes, it's always scary making a change, especially when you have great people to work with, but this just means you'll be able to make MORE friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you Emily! You go girl and you Rock it!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new position an opportunity! Enjoy all this excitement and I'm sure the transition will go well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations girl!! Changes are so good - so excited for you!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! So excited for you! A new challenge is always scary but I think you'll love the change!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! That's so exciting! I've been doing the same thing since I graduated from college and it would be nice to make a change, but... I don't like change. Lol. I'm sure you'll do great! Be sure to keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am not a huge fan of change either...but this is definitely a good one! I am really excited about the opportunity!

      Delete
  11. Congrats Emily! This is so exciting. You deserve it, happy for you to take on new challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an exciting adventure to start!! Is it kind of a promotion? Starting a new job can be scary but it is such a good change even if you're not a big fan of change. Congratulations on the new job! Can't wait to read all about it.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new job! Will you be doing something similar to your old job or something brand new? Changing jobs is super scary but I am sure you'll do well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! That is awesome! I am feeling kind of burnt out at work...I think I need a change!

    ReplyDelete