Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Book Review: Hannah's List

Is anyone else sad the weekend is over?  Even though it was a long one, I always feel like they are just too dang short!  I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.  Mine was really productive, which is always nice.  Although, I have to say I am pretty tired today!  Can I have one more day just to relax?!  Thanks.

Moving on...I had mentioned in my post on Friday that I had gotten a new book to read from my mom.  The book was Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber.  I really enjoyed this book.  
 

It starts with a husband who lost his wife to cancer.  The book takes place one year after her death.  Before her passing, she had written her husband a letter, basically telling him he needs to move on and keep living his life...and remarry.  She even gives him a list of women that she thinks would work, hence the name, Hannah's List.  Hannah instructed her brother to give this to her husband one year after her death.  At first her husband is quite upset, he doesn't think that he can ever be happy with anyone like he had with Hannah.  Then, he starts becoming more open, contacting these women listed in the letter.  The story follows him on this journey of rediscovering happiness...not just with another person, but getting back to actually living his life, rather than just going through the motions.    

I am a big Debbie Macomber fan, and this book did not disappoint.  I haven't read her books in awhile, but I have a renewed interest in reading them again.  I definitely plan on looking for some more titles that grab my attention!  I will tell you, I was crying within the first few pages.  This book was a relatively quick read.  Although it was somewhat predictable, it still pulled me in and kept me engaged.  I am always a sucker for a happy ending, which if I remember correctly, most of her books have.  This was no exception.

 
What books have you been reading lately?  I always love hearing recommendations!

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk. 

Tuesday Talk Link Up     

8 comments:

  1. What an interesting concept for a book - I'm sure it was definitely hard to get through at some points because of the nature of the book!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Debbie Macomber! I need to read this one.
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this book but sounds interesting. I love any book that evokes real emotions in me whether crying or laughing. Thanks for the rec Em, glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Although I had when a book creeps up on me and I get teary eyed reading in public!

      Delete
  4. This sounds really good, but I just don't know if I can handle it... I'd probably cry like a baby through the entire thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only certain parts got me...I think it was because it just started of like WHAM, the wife has passed and here is a letter she had written. But it was a really sweet book!

      Delete
  5. This sounds so good! And I'm sure I would cry too...books get me like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read one of her books but I know Hallmark Channel makes some of her books into movies, so they must be good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete