Thursday, September 17, 2015

20 Questions

I love a good Q&A post.  I have seen this 20 questions post floating around blog world and decided to do it myself!  Here we go...

20 Questions 
Favorite food?
Homemade spaghetti sauce...it is my all-time favorite!

Flip Flops or High Heels?
I am not much of a flip flop person unless I am at the beach or pool...give me heels, wedges, booties, boots, boat shoes...those are more my speed.  I also love the look of flats, but all mine lately have felt super uncomfortable...any suggestions of really comfy ones?!

Favorite place to shop for yourself?
Lately it has been Nordstrom or Loft.  I also love shopping at Charmed, a boutique in my hometown that one of my high school friends opened up.  She has the cutest things! 

Standard coffee order?
I don't like coffee.  Therefore, I rarely go to any coffee shops, but if I have to pick, I would order a hot chocolate. 

Road trip must have snack?
Lately it has been Swedish fish and Goldfish crackers...yum!

DIY or Hire it out?
DIY, or rather AMP - Ask My Parents.  My mom is super crafty and my dad is super handy. 

Top 5 TV shows?
Real Housewives of Orange County, Nashville, Pretty Little Liars, Modern Family and Fixer Upper.  Those are probably my most recent favorites...I know not all of them are on right now, but I would say out of what's been on over the past year, these are my favorites!

Favorite book?
This is tough.  I think my favorite book is Happily Ever After by Nora Roberts (book four in the Bridal Quartet series).  Parker is my favorite - I would love to be her character.  Nora Robert's bridal quartet books are my absolute favorite series.  I don't know how many times I have re-read these. 

Favorite form of exercise?
Right now, the stair stepper.  Basically anything that makes me sweat, a lot.  That way I feel as if I am getting a good work out!

How tall are you?
5'2" - 5'3"

Do you try something new at a restaurant or stick to favorites?
This depends on my mood.  I love trying out new foods, but sometimes there is nothing better than ordering a dish you know you will like.

One make up item you can't live without?
Mascara...I feel like I look like a boy without it.

What's on your nightstand?
A lamp, a frame, a clock and 2 remotes...very exciting.

What's one thing that motherhood has taught you?
I am not a mother yet...so no lessons learned.

Music that reminds you of high school?
Gosh, a lot of songs.  Anything Ja Rule, To the Windows to the Wall, Nelly - Country Grammar, E-I, Shake Your Tail Feather, Usher - Yeah, Enrique - I Can Be Your Hero...the list could go on!

If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city, where would you live?
So many places to choose from!  I really have no clue.  I would probably either stay in the States (think East Coast, Chicago, Michigan - on the lake or some place South), or go up to Canada.  

Tell us something we might not know about you.
I used to hate onions when I was little.  I would call them "bugs," because they would crunch when I ate them.  Luckily I have grown out of that.

Website you read/browse besides blogs?
Google News.

Morning person or night owl?
Definitely a morning person!  In the evenings I don't last much past 10...and even then that is sometimes a stretch!

What's your best feature?
Either my eyes or my smile.

  

14 comments:

  1. I love this Emily! It was so fun learning more about you!! I had to laugh because the how tall are you question! As I can see I am shrinking a bit so I always give a range. Lol. And girl, I am definitely a morning person!!! 10 is our bedtime. Lol. Have a terrific Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these types of posts! They are so fun to do, and easy! I love waking up early, always makes the day start off better!

      Delete
  2. hahah I liked the AMP--Ask my Parents. We totally do that all the time too!
    Was fun getting to know a bit more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Love Nordstrom and I totally agree - hot chocolate over coffee!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved learning more about you! The most comfortable flats I own are the FS/NY flats. They are pretty pricey, but are Italian made and hands-down the MOST comfortable flats ever. Totally worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree about flats! I've noticed lately that my true flats have no support! Flat sneakers or espadrilles are fine because there's some cushion, but I'm not a fan of flats these days. I love all of the songs that remind you of high school. Annnd I'm definitely a morning person too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! So much fun! And girl, you're bringing back memories with those songs! Except those remind me of college instead of high school. #OldLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved learning more about you and girl I'm such a morning person, drives my husband batty LOL!! As for flats, I personally love going to DSW and trying on all the ones they have - I bought a pair of leopard print dr.scholls and love them! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these types of posts! I think it's my harkening to the myspace days. when I was younger my mom would home make the spaghetti sauce it always meant a longer wait till dinner but I loved it. and I'm all about goldfish, so addicting.

    Maybe look into dexflex? or ja-vie? I like the concept of both but have only worn dexflex.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love little questionnaires like this! Nordstrom and Loft have been two of my favorite shops lately too. They have such cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love these types of posts! (I've had this drafted for awhile but haven't finished it yet!) I have a hard time finding comfy flats too-- maybe the more expensive ones are better? All of those songs take me back to high school too! I listen to them now & feel so old :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw i'm glad you did this!! I love the AMP that's hilarious; I haven't heard of that before. As for your best feature…um girl, you're gorgeous so probably all of the above :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally just made it up...I wanted to do DI-Parents, but that didn't make sense to me. :) And thank you, you are beyond sweet, that just made my day!

      Delete