Tuesday, August 18, 2015

What's Cooking?!


Happy Tuesday!  I am linking up with the ladies at Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk.


Sweet Little Ones


I mentioned yesterday that I watched some cooking shows on Sunday.  I love watching cooking shows.  A few of my favorites are The Pioneer Woman, Trisha's Southern Kitchen and Dinner at Tiffani's.  After my binge watching Sunday, I am adding the Barefoot Contessa to the mix.  I watched her show on Sunday morning and decided that I wanted to move out to the Hamptons and start a farm.  The episode was about her preparing food for a housewarming party...in the Hamptons.  She made Tequila Citrus Chicken and Avocado and Corn Salad, along with a few others.  Right away I decided I wanted to make both of these recipes.  And it was perfect, because I realized I had yet to make any new recipes, which was one of my August Goals!

I made the Tequila Citrus Chicken last night...it was delicious.  I was a little worried, because you cook the chicken on one side for 5 minutes, flip over for 10 minutes and then rest on a plate covered tightly in foil for another 5 minutes.  I just didn't think it would be cook through.  However, it was and it was super flavorful and juicy!  The marinade is relatively simple.  You whisk everything together in a bowl, add the chicken, cover and set in the refrigerator over night.  It was super nice to come home yesterday and just have to pull out the chicken and put it on the grill. 


Tequila Lime Chicken



I also made the Avocado and Corn Salad last night...but for lunch today.  So the verdict is still out on what I think of that.  However, it has a bunch of stuff I love in it, so I would think that it will be a win for me! 

Recipe Video


The pasta below is Leek and Pancetta Pasta by The Pioneer Woman.  Another find from my morning of cooking shows.  This pasta seems super easy and super yummy.  This is on the menu for later this week and I cannot wait!  The recipe calls for heavy cream, but I purchased half and half as a substitute to try to make it a little healthier.  Hopefully that won't affect the end result.  I will admit, too, that I have never purchased a leek before.  I thought I knew what they were, but when I went to the grocery store, I realized I was mistaken.  So I googled leek mid-grocery shopping.  Thank goodness for phones with internet!  I now know that a leek looks like a big green onion.   

TPW_8050


I love trying new recipes...especially when they turn out well.  Hopefully the Avocado and Corn Salad and the Leek and Pancetta Pasta will be as good as the Tequila Citrus Chicken!  

What new recipes have you tried lately? 

13 comments:

  1. Yum, Emily!

    Your post is making my mouth water! I'm going to have to get off of this computer, and get some breakfast!

    The chicken looks fabulous - as do the pasta and the corn salad. I'm going to have to try these recipes! Thanks for sharing.

    I came over on Tuesday Talk.
    Hope you have a blessed day today~
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try the salad today. I am hoping it tastes as good as it looks! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That avocado & corn salad looks delish! You'll have to let me know how it is, because I love salads like that :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you know! Fingers crossed it is a winner!

      Delete
  3. Yum!! I am always looking for new recipes too. I also LOVE leeks but have never used them in pasta before! Definitely trying this one ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you linked to all of these - they all sound amazing!! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three of these sound sooo good! I'm totally craving pasta now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, can I have all of these for lunch!!! Thank you for the new inspirations!! They look terrific! And may your Tuesday be terrific too!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm anything with avocado = win for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that pasta and avocado/corn salad looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Pioneer Woman, she is my favorite! I’ve been loving Trisha recently too. That chicken sounds delicious – we’re always eating chicken and looking for different ways to spice it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently tried to make chicken souvlaki from an online recipe and it turned out great! Hurray for trying new things! Even if they aren't always amazing lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I use sour cream + milk instead of heavy cream. I have made an alfredo sauce that way and it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete