Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was really good, but so short...and I even had a 3 day weekend!  I just don't know where the time went!

I took off from work on Friday.  It was really nice to have a free day.  I headed to the movies to see Ant Man.  I have been getting into the superhero movies lately.  Ant Man was pretty funny and just overall, really good.  I like Paul Rudd, so that may have helped, because to me the idea of an "Ant Man," is a little hokey, but it really was a good movie. The rest of the day was spent catching up on shows...The Astronaut Wives Club has been so sad lately.  I think I cried on and off throughout the whole episode from last week.  I have really, really enjoyed this series and hope that it will be picked up for season two. 

I was off early on Saturday morning to head to my parents.  It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive.  Sometimes the drive seems unbearably long, others it isn't too terrible.  I caught up with my brother for about the first 45 minutes of the drive so that really helped make the time go by.  I made it to my parents, we cleaned up my car some and then headed shopping.  Unfortunately, the first car I wanted to look at, the dealer didn't have any on the lot.  The second car was really nice, so now I just need to find a place around here with the other car, so I can compare the two.  It's kind of scary buying a new car...I get super overwhelmed with all the options, and a lot of the stuff I don't know what it all means exactly.  Hence the reason I wanted my dad to go with me.  I again had one of my favorites for lunch...Avanti's.  Their gondolas are so, so yummy.  It had been ages since I have had one so it really hit the spot.  My mom and I went for a bike ride...I can't tell you how long it has been since I have been on a bike!  My parents live right by the bike path in town, so it is super convenient to just hop on and take a quick bike ride.  Burgers, sweet corn and watermelon were on the menu for dinner and it was SO delicious.  The sweet corn was perfect.  We ended the night with a movie...The Longest Ride.  I read the book awhile ago and had been wanting to see the movie.  My mom saw it in the theaters and really enjoyed it, so we rented it...I think my dad made it through about 5 minutes before he headed downstairs to watch something car related.  

Sunday was a super relaxing day.  I worked out a little at my parents...my mom made French Toast...and then I headed out.  I was pleasantly surprised with the drive.  It had rained on and off Saturday night to Sunday morning, but I left at the perfect time so that I didn't hit any rain on my way back.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing.  For some reason, I was super worn out, so I let myself have an afternoon of nothing to do.  Granted, that means I need to do extra today, but that's ok.  I enjoyed my lazy Sunday afternoon.

Now, back to it for the work week.  Hopefully this week will fly by...and I should be getting the text any day now about my niece/nephew.  I thought maybe we would hear something this weekend, so I had  packed extra clothes just in case!  No news yet, but I will be keeping my phone extra close these next few days.  Have a great one! 

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! My dad leaves movies looking or something more "car related" too, so that made me laugh. I wonder if all dads are just like that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny! Sounds like a lot of dads I know. :)

      Delete
  2. Weekends home are the best! So funny about Astronaut Wive's Club- I've never watched but I happened to turn on the TV as the new episode was starting this week and I cried just from watching the first few minutes of the show!! hahah Glad you had a great weekend! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try to catch up if you can...it's one of my favorite shows right now! But be ready for the tears...the last few episodes have been tear jerkers!

      Delete
  3. I feel like every weekend I just don't know where the weekend goes half the time. I really hate the process of looking and buying for a new car, but am so happy when I get the car. What are you looking to get?

    I had to look up Avanti's because their sandwich the Gondola is the same as a boat. So I knew you weren't eating a boat, although those sandwiches are as large as one. Hope your niece/nephew comes soon!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Car shopping is totally overwhelming, it's awesome your dad went with you!

    I've been meaning to watch Longest Ride. How cute is Scott Eastwood? :)

    Happy Monday Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely great in this movie! I was surprised at how much I liked it...but the story is really sweet. It strays a bit from the book, but overall is relatively close.

      Delete
  5. I had the same feelings about Ant Man but now I will give it a shot! Oh Auntie Emily, you must be so excited! Here's to a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha I've been wanting to see The Longest Ride too! That's hilarious about your dad lasting 5 minutes, I so relate, my husband would probably pass out on the couch if I turned it on. Glad you had a great weekend!

    Congrats about becoming an Aunt! I don't have any on my side unfortunately but my husband has two [niece and nephew] and they are a blast!

    Linds @ not a mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a chick flick. :) I am super excited...this is the first grandchild for my parents so it is even more exciting.

      Delete
  7. I want to see Ant Man just because of Paul Rudd! I love him. I also need to see the Longest Ride...anything Nicholas Sparks, count me in! I haven't gone car shopping but I know I'd feel the same way...I don't know enough about cars and I'd be so overwhelmed by all the options! So exciting that you'll be an aunt so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Longest Ride! So cute! Scott Eastwood is pretty much perfection. I am crossing my fingers that you hear about the baby soon! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had such a relaxing weekend at home! Good luck with car shopping!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete