Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Recap

How is it Monday already?  The weekend always goes by SO fast and this one was no exception!  Here's a little bit of what I was up to...

Friday.  It's always a good day when I get to leave work a little early.  I did a little shopping in the evening.  My apartment location is pretty great - I have almost everything I could need within a few minutes from me.  One of those stores is Barnes & Noble.  I had a coupon in my email for 15% off, so I thought why not?!  I normally read books on my Kindle, but I still get the itch to read a REAL book.  I went with Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews.  She is one of my favorite authors.  Her books are perfect summer reads.  I also stopped by Dick's Sporting Goods to check out their sale selection.  My mom told me about their sidewalk sale....they had some really great steals.  50% off the lowest ticketed price!  I was able to pick up a pair of work out leggings for $13.00.  I thought that was a pretty darn good deal!

Saturday.  I spent Saturday afternoon celebrating my friend's sweet little girl.  It was a lot of fun.  The birthday girl was two and my friend really out did herself with the décor.  She has always had super cute decorations for her gender reveals and birthday parties, but I think this one was my favorite.  As you can see by the pictures below, the theme was Minnie Mouse.  How cute is the dessert table?!  I absolutely loved the center pieces, too.  My friend ordered cupcakes from Sam's Club, then decorated them herself.  She added pearl sprinkles, chocolate bows and mini Oreo's to fit with the Minnie theme.  I just loved how much care was put in the details to make it special.  Her hard work paid off - everything was super creative and SO cute!
 
 


Sunday.  Sunday was more of a lazy day.  I went for a walk/run in the morning.  It was hot out, but definitely not as humid as it has been, thankfully.  Last weekend it felt like a jungle out there, with the heavy, warm air.  I again did a little shopping, but didn't have as much luck as I had hoped.  I picked up some sunglasses from Nordstrom...they are my go-to for cheap sunglasses.  At $12.00 a pop, they are a great price and Nordstrom really has so many different styles to choose from.  I like to buy a few at a time since I have a bit of an obsession with sunglasses.  The rest of day was spent cleaning, grocery shopping and reading.  

Hope you all had a great weekend!   
   

11 comments:

  1. Those decorations are adorable! Such a cute idea to add to the cupcakes. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where we live too, it's right in the middle of everything I lvoe to do!

    what a great party for a two year old! Now that's a party I want to attend.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're in a great area. My boyfriend and I love going to Barnes and reading magazines. We used to live within walking distance of one and would go all the time.

    Such cute bday decorations, love those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Shopping, fun with friends and a workout sounds like the perfect weekend combo!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so cute! I love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute party decorations! I adore morning walk/runs and well, weekend shopping is just icing on the cake! Here's to a great week ahead!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute party! And I love the cheap sunglasses at Nordstrom. They have some really cute ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaving work early is the best! Those cupcakes look darling and delicious – what a fun way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete