Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tailgate Tuesday

Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite dip recipes for Tailgate Tuesday, hosted by my fabulous blog designer,  Erin @ Fun, Love and Football


First, let's talk football.  I come from a HUGE football town.  We are talking Friday Night Lights football - small-town high school football.  (Side note - if you have never watched Friday Night Lights, the TV series, do so as soon as possible.  It is SO good.)  I was a cheerleader throughout school and football season was by far my favorite.  There was nothing better than a crisp, fall night, cheering at a home football game. 

Now I am reliving my cheerleading days...such great memories! Let's move on to the good part, though, the recipe.  I am not big into college or professional football, but I can definitely get behind getting together with friends, having yummy snacks and watching a game.  One of my go-to recipes is this Nacho Dip.  It is a for sure a crowd pleaser and so very simple.

I don't have a picture of it, but just imagine cheesy goodness mixed with ground beef and chili.  Yum!

Nacho Dip 
1 lb ground round
1 lb Velvetta cheese
3/4 lbs mild Mexican Velvetta cheese
2 cans Hormel chili with NO beans
1/2 cup tomato juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Brown ground round, drain grease.  Put meat and all remaining ingredients in a crockpot.  Cook on low until cheese has melted, about 3-4 hours.  Serve with tortilla chips.

If you want the dip to be ready sooner, it can be made in a large pot, then transferred to a crockpot to keep warm.

This dip is delicious.  Try it, you will not regret it.   

*Update...I am also linking up with Jess & Katie @ Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk!




22 comments:

  1. You seriously can't go wrong with cheesy dip - love it and it sounds amazing!! Woo hoo for football season coming soon! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing, Emily! We are big football fans here - Notre Dame in particular! I'm going to have to make this for a game day :) You should come link up with us at Tuesday Talk! The hosts are doing a football theme with Erin too. It starts at 8am EST. We'd love to have you! And gooooooo Irish! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

    P.S. Tuesday Talk is every week too! Usually there isn't a theme - you can post whatever you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My post upcoming on Friday is a Football Edition as we are all about it as well!! Love this dip recipe. Let's Go Irish is what we say in our house ;-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like there are a lot of Notre Dame fans out there!

      Delete
  4. I make a similar version of this... but I think I will give your recipe a try this fall! I love football season, and can't wait for game day to come around this year :) stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!! I'm so excited for football season - partially for the food, lol!!!! I love dips like this - will be pinning this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the food is one of the best parts about football /tailgating! That nacho dip sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is almost identical to my queso recipe! I cannot wait for tailgating to begin again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man YUM!!! I love tailgating/partying food and this dip sounds so tasty! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy football season is coming. Love all the snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Looks really good!! I will give it a try!

    www.artadorned.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man this sounds delicious!! I'm a total sucker for any sort of cheese dip! I'm not a football fan but I can totally get behind football food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay weird coincidence that you mention FNL the TV show! I started it a couple years ago with my friend Emily but we just don't see each other as much to binge watch so my watching stalled. So Michael and I (he's seen the whole thing) just started it from the beginning over the weekend! It's kind of annoying since I've already seen all these episodes and want to get to where I left off, but I'm excited! I'm also watching Hart of Dixie and seeing Jason Street on one show and George Tucker on the other (same actor who plays Jason Street) trips me out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah the food is what I love the most about football season ahah! This looks amazing!! Seriously....I am starving

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Sounds delicious! We have a dip that sounds similar. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM! This sounds delish - perfect for the upcoming football season :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, stopping over from the link up! This sounds amazing!! I am all about the yummy football food, lol! Also I've never seen FNL but it is on my list for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love football too! That dip looks amazing-definitely going to try it during football season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great dip - I need to bookmark it!

    Stopping by from Erin's Football link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Erin from LFF!! And anything made with velvetta cheese is AMAZING always :) Obviously making this the second I get home because YUM haha :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete