Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

I was so pumped when I saw that I was nominated by Julie  @ sayyestohappy and Katelyn @ Simply Sunflour for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. 

sisterhood1
One thing I love about blogging is how everyone builds each other up and this award is a perfect example!  How this works is you give a shout out to the girls that nominated you (Thanks, ladies!), answer some questions, then nominate 5-10 other bloggers to do the same...make sure you include the logo in your blog!

Here are the questions...
 
Why did you start blogging?  I have been reading blogs for years.  I loved them!  I always wanted to write my own, but was hesitant.  Fast forward a few years and I finally decided to bite the bullet and start one.
 
How do you think blogging has changed your life?  I feel like I have gotten out of my comfort zone and done something I really wanted to, just for me. 
 
Has blogging created friendships for you?  I think so.  I have definitely connected with a lot of people through commenting/emailing and have girls I consider my blogging "friends."
 
What is your number one tip for blogging?  Be yourself.  Write what you want, not just things you think will get views or comments.  Of course you want the views, comments and followers, but what is most important is staying true to yourself.  

What is your favorite kind of blog post to write and read?  I love writing posts that share more about myself...I love the question and answers, I love the posts where I can give the reader more about me.  I think that is because those are the posts I like reading most.  I like to write what I like to read about others.  Other posts I really enjoy reading are day in the life posts and DIY posts. 

Is it hard to keep up with blogging and your regular, every day life?  Sometimes, yes.  I think the hardest thing to keep up with is commenting and reading other blogs...especially since I have found so many good ones out there lately!  However, I wouldn't say that it interferes with anything.  

Have you met any bloggers in real life?  No, I have not.  I hope that changes, though!  I feel like I have come to "know" a lot of girls via their blogs and hope that one day we can get together in real life!

What is your most popular blog post?  It seems like everyone really enjoy this Friday Favorites post.  Obviously, that is large part due to the link up.

What is your favorite post on the blog?  I would definitely have to say my "Owning It" posts (here and here).  I really enjoyed putting those together.

Now for my nominees...this is kind of hard because I know a ton of girls I read have already been nominated!

Christina @ The New Mrs 
Erin @ Fun, Love and Football 
Lindsay @ not a mom 
Biana @ B Loved Boston
Jessi @ Jessi's Design 
Jenn @ Going the Distance
Kesley @ The Peacock Roost
Liz @ Sundays with Sophie
Rachel @ The Rachel Emily Blog


8 comments:

  1. Love these!!! I also love the "owning it" posts because they are usually funny ... and relateable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owning it posts are sooo fun to read and to write! Love them! I agree with alll of your answers! Ha! Favorite posts to read and write, keeping up with reading and commenting on blogs can be tough, and blogging friends! We really are scary similar. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your post Emily! Thanks for the shout out :) I love reading your blog everyday, glad we've become blogger friends! I also love day in the life posts and owning it because quirks are what make people who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg thank you so much for thinking of me! This will be done early next week :))))! Love my blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the nomination girlfriend! I actually just nominated you for the Liebster award! you can see it here!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this!!! I love your owning it posts too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I'm so sorry that I didn't see this post before I did mine! I would have incorporated some of your questions! Thank you for the nomination anyway! You're too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete