Thursday, August 6, 2015

Liebster Award

One of my faves, Mattie @ Northwest Native, nominated me for the Liebster Award last week.  Thanks, Mattie!


I will do the Q&A's then end with my nominees!

What is one item you could not live without?  I feel like there are so many that come to mind, it is hard to choose!  I guess I would have to go with my contacts.  I am SO blind without my contacts or glasses.  I hate not being able to see and sometimes my glasses get bothersome, so I would definitely have to go with my contacts.  I know that isn't a super "fun" answer, but they are definitely something I could not live without. 

What is something/someone that makes you laugh?  I saw Kevin Hart while out of town, and boy was he hilarious!  I laughed so much that night!

If you could ever change your first name, what would it be and why?  I really, really like my name, but if I had to pick, I think I would choose Emma.  I feel like that is kind of a cop out since it is so close to Emily, but I just love that name.  I feel like it is timeless and classic.

What's the story behind your blog name?  I knew I wanted to start a blog, but I had such a hard time coming up with a name.  I love clever, catchy names, but felt like I couldn't come up with anything I liked.  I decided to go with "a little bit of emily," because that is what the blog would be about...me.  It should show little bits and pieces of my life - from my favorite foods, to what I was up to, to my favorite fashions.     

What is the best thing you have splurged on?  This is hard.  Probably my Michael Kors watch.  I bought my watch last year at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and have worn it non-stop since then.  The style is classic and I plan on wearing it for a very long time.

If you could spend one day with any celebrity, who would it be and why?  I have a hard time with this one.  There isn't any one celebrity that is jumping out at me.     

What did you want to be when you grew up?  For awhile, I was set on being a lawyer.  Why - I have absolutely no idea.  Then I decided I wanted to be a personal assistant.  I just thought I would be good at it...I love to be organized and think it would be super neat to be the right hand person to someone really successful.  Nowadays I think being a college professor would be awesome.  When I was in college, I used to tutor and I LOVED it.  Maybe someday... 

What is your favorite place in the entire world?  It is a toss between my parents or Michigan.  I definitely appreciate where I grew up and there is just something special about going home again.  Michigan definitely has my heart, though.  I have vacationed there with my family for as long as I can remember and it is just lovely.  I love that Michigan has the beach, but also wooded areas.  I just can't pick between the two!

If you had a super power, what would it be?  I would love to be able to read people's minds.  In certain situations, I think it would just be so nice to be able to know what is really going on inside, rather than what actually comes out.  On the flip side, that could also be bad if it is something I don't want to know...maybe I should just stick with flying.  It would be so nice to be able to fly back and forth between places.    

What book are you currently reading?  Right now I am between books...any suggestions would be much appreciated! 

I always love a good question and answer session, as well as acknowledging other bloggers!  I have found so many great blogs lately and love learning a little more about the girls behind the blog.

I nominate these ladies:
Christina @ The New Mrs 
Erin @ Fun, Love and Football 
Claire @ Life, Mapped 

10 comments:

  1. I haven’t been to Michigan but it looks beautiful there! A Michael Kors watch is such a good purchase. I wear mine daily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty! I highly recommend going if you have a chance!

      Delete
  2. Oh – if you could pick your name that would be a fun one – I’m with you I like mine but that might be fun to brainstorm when I’m bored! My parent’s house is definitely my favorite too – ha, we’re sleeping over there tomorrow and I’m not sure if I’m more excited about that or my vacation ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! Love Michael Kors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deciding on a blog name was seriously so hard!! I've always thought the same thing about mind-reading...there are probably some things I REALLY don't want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being able to fly would be so amazing and such a time saver, and hopefully no traffic! :)

    Love getting to know a little more about you!

    And I've been recommending Wild by Cheryl Strayed to everyone, if you haven't read it yet. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it, but heard it was super good! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  6. What a fun post getting to know you more!! I loved doing the Liebster! A crazy mutual wish; I too wanted to be a professor, a professor of sociology. My degree is in education with certifications in sociology and psychology but life happened and I didn't continue on...me too.....maybe someday! Hope you've enjoyed a terrific day!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily :
    I too was nominated for the liebster award this week :) How fun... In the process of looking for a good read too ! Many blessing for your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recommend Joy Fielding's books; they are generic crime mysteries mixed with family and romantic drama. Her best ones are "Whispers and Lies", "Heartstopper", "Lost", and "Mad River Road".

    ReplyDelete