Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Favorites 8.7.15

TGIF! I am linking up with Momfessionals, A Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites...


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.

 
1.  3 Day Weekend!  I am taking off today and am SO excited.  It's been a long few weeks at work.  I am definitely ready to enjoy a fun day with one of my favorites!
 
2.  Car shopping.  I am dragging my dad car shopping this weekend.  I have been wanting something new for awhile and I think I am finally ready to do some serious looking.  I want something a little smaller than what I currently have and am considering a small SUV so I can be up a little higher on the road.  Also, getting something with all wheel drive would give me a little more peace of mind come winter.  Granted, I dont think anything can make me be a fan of driving in snow/sleet/ice, but it still might make me feel a little better.  It'll be fun to spend some quality time with my dad, too.  My mom is bowing out of this shopping trip, so it will be just me and him!
 
3.  Cooler mornings.  When I got in my car yesterday morning it said the temperature was 71.  71!  I sure could get used to that.  Granted, there is still some humidty in the air, but I will take it!
 
4.  

 
This hatChristina @ The New Mrs posted about it last Friday and I was obsessed.  The downfall of reading blogs is ALL the cute stuff people post - I just want to buy everything.  I tried it on in store when I was doing a little retail therapy last weekend and it was super cute in person, but they didn't have the tan color I was wanting - I thought it would be the most practical.  I went back home and ordered it online!  I received it in the mail the other night and it is just as cute as in the store.  The color is a perfect neutral.  Thanks for the fab find, Christina!  
 
5.  A new (to me) link up!  I was doing a little catching up with my blog reading yesterday and found Astleigh @ Hill Collection hosts "The Pick" link up on Fridays.  My understanding on how it works, is you link your favorite post from the week.  Make sure to check out Astleigh's blog and link up party to see what I chose as my favorite post for the week.
 
Have a great weekend!
             

7 comments:

  1. Good luck car shopping! I have always driven SUV's and love them! Highly recommend one :) AWD is great too! Love the hat :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm feeling the same way! I've been doing so much more online shopping lately because of all the cute recommendations on blogs. haha! Good luck with the car shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day off!! Glad you liked it and got it!! I can’t wait to wear mine come fall – not much longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 3 day weekends and have fun with Dad!! Good Luck on the car hunt, hope you find a goody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish every weekend was a 3 day weekend! Enjoy your day off!

    Good luck car shopping!

    I love Astleigh's blog too!

    Have a good weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I've seen that hat on 438720 blogs and I think it is SO SO cute...but I don't think I could pull it off. And really, the hardest part about reading blogs is trying not to buy ALL THE THINGS! I love Astleigh's link-up and totally forgot to do it this week! Guess I need to pick a post! And yay for a new car! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for three day weekends! I wish I could have one soon. We want a new car as well, a larger one so that it's easier to tote Sophie around in.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete