Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Favorites 8.14.15

Happy Friday! I am linking up with Momfessionals, A Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites.


Yesterday proved to be a little crazy, hence the late blog post today.

Yay for another short week!  I decided last minute to take today off.  There are some things I need to get done today and luckily it worked out with my work schedule to use PTO.

I am really looking forward to this weekend.  I have plans to do dinner out tomorrow night, which will be really nice.  I am trying out a new location of a favorite restaurant.  I am hoping it is as good as the original!  I will definitely be sharing details next week!

In the past years, I have gotten involved in my company's United Way Fundraising Campaign.  I love being able to get involved in the community, especially with an organization that can touch so many people.  My part in the campaign is heading the annual silent auction.  One of my favorite things this week has been receiving donations.  It is always nerve wracking when we send out those requests, hoping that people will be feeling charitable and will respond with a donation.  I am super happy and excited that this was a successful week in regards to donations.  I hope that this will continue in the weeks ahead so that the silent auction can raise even more money than last year.  Fingers crossed!

Keeping it short and sweet today...hope everyone has a great weekend!

    

9 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend!!! I'm helping plan a United Way event at work too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your day off!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day off & enjoy your dinner tomorrow!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sorority's philanthropy had a dinner event with a silent auction every year and we had to go around to local businesses and ask for donations. It was always nerve-wracking but it also felt so good when people did donate! Have a great three day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome you help fund raise Emily! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your job sounds right up my alley, I love planning things! Have the best weekend!

    Linds @ not a mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome that you get involved in United Way and there have been so man donations!! Can't wait to hear more about it!! :) Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the restaurant is good. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete