Thursday, August 20, 2015

Friday Favorite 8.21.15

Happy Friday! I am linking up with Momfessionals, A Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites...


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


This week has been another crazy one.  But I have some SUPER exciting news to share...

My little nephew was born!  Jackson Thomas Dunham made his way into the world Monday, August 17th at 6:02, weighing in at 6lbs 15oz and stretching 20 inches.  I may be biased, but I think he is just the cutest thing.  I cannot wait to meet him!

  
New recipes!  Tuesday's post talked about some of the new recipes I have been trying.  I am happy to report I had another successful go at it with The Pioneer Woman's Leek and Pancetta Pasta.  It was delicious!  The taste was really flavorful and was surprisingly light for a pasta with a cream sauce.  Love it!

My grandma.  I love my grandma.  She is such a lovely lady.  Every time I hear her voice, it makes me smile.  I try to call her to catch up every so often and I always am in such a great mood after talking to her.  My grandpa passed away a few years ago, and she has kept herself busy and out and about doing things which really makes me happy.  I hope that when I am her age, I am doing the same thing.

Bacon.  The cafeteria in my office has awesome breakfast.  Every once in awhile I grab a "classic" breakfast sandwich there...toasted English muffin, fried egg, cheese, spinach, tomato and BACON.  A lot of the items are sourced from local farms, bacon being one of them.  It is so delicious. 

A fresh haircut.  I love a good haircut.  It just lays so nicely after it is cut.  Granted, that usually lasts just a few days, but hey, I will take it! 

Check out what my favorite post for the week is over at The Pick link up, hosted by Astleigh @ Hill Collection. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Awww your nephew is so adorable - what a precious photo! Happy Friday! xoxo B | The Sequin Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh congrats on being an auntie! Your nephew is adorable. :) I so want a breakfast sandwich (with bacon of course!) now! I am in desperate need of a haircut. My hair feels like straw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new nephew! How exciting :) Love The Pioneer Woman! Totally know what you mean about grandmas, mine is one of my best friends! Nothing better than a fresh haircut :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your sweet little nephew... he is gorgeous! I already have baby fever, so I do NOT need to be seeing this sweet, little, snuggly bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog design! I'm so glad I found you through Five on Friday. Congrats on the new nephew! Babies are the sweetest... I love bacon too. Entirely too much. I've recently perfected bacon gravy... Yum!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    www.theclassychaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the birth of your nephew!

    xoxo,
    Abby
    www.thefrugalblogger.net

    ReplyDelete