Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 2015 Goals

It is really hard for me to believe it is time for goals again.  I know I keep saying it, but I feel like this year has just flown by.  Before I set my August goals, let's do a little recap of last month's.

July 2015 Goals:

1.  Drink more water!  I think I did A LOT better with this one.  I set myself mini goals for the day, which made it easier for me to keep track of how much water I was having.  I would tell myself to at least have one full bottle in the morning, water at lunch and then another full bottle in the afternoon.  Even if I forgot my water bottle at home, I would make sure to have at least two coffee cups full in the morning and two again in the afternoon.  At home was a bit harder, but I still feel like I upped my game.

2.  Sorting and putting away mail regularly.  Although I feel like I did improve on this, there were still plenty of times when the mail piled up, or the papers that needed to be sorted and/or put away sat out for awhile.  Definitely a work in progress.

3.  No clothing/shoe purchases until I clean out my closet.  Well...this did not happen.  I blame the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  I just did not want to wait on some of my purchases (things go so quick!), so I definitely bought things before I went through my closet. 

4.  Go through my closet.  Done!  I am happy to say I completed this one.  I think I ended up with three shopping bags full of clothes to take to the consignment shop back in my hometown. 


Overall, not a terrible month.  Not my best, but I am still happy with what I was able to accomplish!  On to August!

August 2015 Goals

1.  Make 4 new recipes.  I have a bad habit of pinning recipes on Pinterest or saving recipes from other bloggers, but never actually making them.  I was thinking about how I do this the other day and decided a great way to fix it would be to make it a goal.  Now, the hard part will be deciding which recipes to try...there are so many good ones out there!

2.  Wear lipstick.  I don't normally wear lipstick, but I want to start.  I feel like it would "finish" my look in the morning for work, and add a little extra something to my make up.  I am still finding the right shade, so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

3.  Drink hot water with lemon.  I have heard about the benefits of drinking hot water with lemon for awhile now and have finally decided to try it.  I plan to start my mornings with a cup and see how it goes.  You can see a few of the articles I read about this here and here.  

4.  Under sink organization.  I cleaned out and organized the cabinet under my bathroom sink, now it is time for the kitchen sink.  I have quite a bit of room under there, and I don't think I am utilizing it as best as I can.  Hopefully after I clean it out, I can find a better way too keep it neat and organized, as well as give myself a little extra storage space! (I have to thank Biana @ B Loved Boston for this goal...I was inspired by her August Goal post!)

Cheers to a productive and goal-completing August! 

9 comments:

  1. This week I sat down and wrote some goals for August too! One of mine was to unpack 1 box (we recently moved) a night... so far so good! Good luck with the water drinking- hot or cold- it gets better the more you get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love always setting a goal to try new recipes because then I actually do it! We always just result to our favorites…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love drinking lemon with water, makes it so much better and more enjoyable and it's so simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the hot water with lemon before, so I hope it tastes are good as the cold!

      Delete
  4. Wearing lipstick is such a good goal... I've been wanting to force myself to start wearing lipstick, and it seems like my goals are a lot more likely to get accomplished when I blog them. Might need to add that next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the Clinique Chubby Stick for lips and I'm obsessed! I got the Curvy Candy color. It's a tinted moisturizing lip balm but it definitely gives a pop of color- I wear lip balm like it's my job, but I wanted a pop of color and this was the PERFECT combo of lip balm and lipstick! Let me know what you end of trying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I just feel kind of clueless, so I definitely need the help. This sounds perfect, like it wouldnt be too far off from my normal chapstick! Love it!

      Delete
  6. These are all great goals! Good for you on getting your closets cleaned out! I need to get that done myself.
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took months of wanting to get it done for me to finally do something...thank goodness for the blog holding me accountable. Good luck with yours!

      Delete