Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 7.29.15

Today is the last Wednesday of the month, therefore I am linking up with Mix and Match Family, Pinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo for What's Up Wednesday!


What I'm eating this week...Mediterranean Pork Chops.  I made this recipe Monday night with rice and cucumbers on the side and they were so yummy.  Really hit the spot.  And there was enough for leftovers...even better!
 
What I'm reminiscing about...being in school.  I was at Target this weekend and saw a ton of people doing their back-to-school shopping.  That was one thing I always loved...buying new notebooks, pencils, pens...everything!  Since I no longer get to go school supply shopping, I have to make do with enjoying the office supplies at work.  You can bet I have three different sizes of post-it notes at my desk!
 
What I'm loving...the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!  I know this has been on repeat for the last month, but unfortunately I have to return some of my purchases.  They just didnt fit quite right.  I feel like that means I can buy some other things in place of my returns.  I am excited to check out what is still left!
 
What I've been up to...cleaning out my clothes!  I finally got through the rest of my closet this past weekend.  It feels SO good to have that accomplished. 
 
What I'm dreading...buying a new phone.  I broke the top button on my phone last week.  My battery life has been really bad, so I knew a new phone would be in the works soon, but I feel like after having broken the button, the time is coming faster than I had anticipated.  For some reason, purchasing things like new phones, computers, etc...are just not my thing.  I would much rather buy clothes, shoes, or a new purse!
 
What I'm working on...eating healthier.  I have been doing a relatively good job at this lately and I hope I can keep it up!  Sometimes the bad food is just hard to resist.  I have learned that I need to allow myself some cheats, that way I don't feel deprived and overload on bad stuff.
 
What I'm excited about...my niece/nephew!  I know this is something I have been excited about for a long time, but it is getting closer and closer!  I cannot wait for word from my brother on the baby. 
 
What I'm watching...Real Housewives of Orange County.  I really like this season thus far.  I feel like the stupid drama is at a minimum and it is good to see everyone getting along.  There are still major story lines going on, but I am just happy that there isn't all the backstabbing that normally you see on these shows.  Hopefully that will continue!
 
What I'm listening to...Jason Aldean.  I love me some Jason Aldean.  He has some of my favorite songs on the radio right now.
 
What I'm wearing...braids and dresses.  With this crazy heat and humidity we have been having, throwing on a light sun dress and putting my hair in a side braid is the perfect way to beat the heat.  I did this while running errands on Sunday and I am so glad I went that route.
 
What I'm doing this weekend...attending a 2nd birthday party!  One of my good friend's daughter is turning 2 in August.  They are throwing her a Minnie Mouse themed party.  Her birthday is more towards the end of August, but since my friend is pregnant with baby number 2 and due at the end of August, they decided to do the party early.  It will be super fun celebrating her sweet little girl, as well as seeing some of my other sorority sisters!
 
What I'm looking forward to next month...again, my niece/nephew.  Baby Dunham's arrival is being anxiously awaited!
 
What else is new...one of my other favorite link-ups is tomorrow - Owning It with Christina from The New Mrs.  I can't wait!
 
What will I miss most about summer...the long days!  One thing I hate about the seasons changing is how early it gets dark.  It makes me SO sleepy.  As excited as I am for fall, I definitely will miss all the daylight hours that come with summer. 
 
What's up with you this Wednesday?! 
 

16 comments:

  1. Buying a new phone is on the horizon for both me and my husband - GAG! I hate to spend my money on stuff like that too but then I think about how much we use our phones and it helps juuust a little bit! I've been loving Jason Aldean and RHOC lately, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Yes yes yes I love the summer braid! My hair is now too short, but when it was long, the braid got me through many Texas summers without having to turn on a hairdryer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the things that makes me keep my hair long...sometimes I want to chop it off into a bob, but then I know I will miss being able to throw it up or in a braid!

      Delete
  3. I've been doing a clean out of my clothes as well - making room for all the Fall stuff!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing all the schools supplies out makes me nostalgic as well, love school supplies! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one still shopping the anniversary sale! It's so addictive :) Totally with you on the clothes clean out, eating healthier, & RHOC too! The only thing I don't like about this season is how harsh Vicki's been on Meghan so far!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made another purchase yesterday...it really is addicting!

      Delete
  5. Yay for your niece/nephew on the way! What do you think the sex will be?

    I need to clean out my closet..thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaning towards boy, but that is just a total guess!

      Delete
  6. Isn't buying school supplies the best?! I miss it too! I totally agree with you about the new phone. I lived with a shattered screen for well over a year. It's crazy once you finally get a new one. I thought, "wow, so this is what it's like to finally be able to read things fully." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek - it's hard to beat this humidity - I was just outside watering the flowers and broke a sweat - braids and sundresses are perfect! Yay - can't wait to own it tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so excited for you and your new little niece or nephew.. Just yesterday my sister in law sent me a video of my neice saying my name (she's 18 months) and I just about died! So so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the third blog I've read that had the same answer for what they'll miss about summer! Annnd I just realized for the first time last night how it was already getting dark quite a bit earlier. Such a weird coincidence! I know what you mean, I'd much rather buy clothes and stuff like that than new gadgets that some people love to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHH a new niece and nephew is the best!!! So exciting. And I am with ya on the eating healthy thing...always SO hard. But you pork chops are making me hungrrrryy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO good. Really hit the spot the other night!

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to have a niece/nephew one day. Heck, I can't wait to have kids one day. Actually I can haha…but I just love babies!!! Can't wait to come read your Own It tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It is just me and my brother so this is the first baby...makes it even more exciting!

      Delete