Monday, July 20, 2015

What A Weekend!

I had quite the weekend, let me tell you!  Friday was pretty low key...I didn't do much at all.  Saturday morning was when all the fun started. 

I had plans with one of my friends to go out to lunch and then spend the rest of the day hanging by the pool in my apartment complex.  Since she was coming over, I wanted to get my apartment cleaned.  I waited til Saturday morning to clean...big mistake.  As I was getting up to start cleaning, I pulled something in my back and was in some intense pain.  I couldn't figure out what I did, but now thinking back, I believe it happened when I was lifting my big flower pot.  I thought it would go away, that I just did something wrong and in a few minutes I would be fine.  That did not happen. I sucked it up and cleaned because there was no way I was going to have her come over to my mess of an apartment.  But it was slow going and just awful.  I had to brace myself on the furniture to pull myself up if I had to bend down.  Luckily, I got the apartment in decent shape and was ready to go.  I was really looking forward to our girls day so there was no way I wasn't going to buck up and go out. 

Lunch was fabulous.  The company was great and so was the food.  We went to Walnut Grill, which was SO good.  We both got fun cocktails and split four appetizers for our meal.  It was super fun getting a bunch of small plates and sharing...that way we got a little bit of everything.  We tried the roasted vegetable flatbread, mussels, loaded tater tots and lobster mac n cheese.  Everything was delicious, but I would have to say the mussels were my favorite.  We both enjoyed dipping our bread in the broth...definitely the best thing.  As you can see below, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and although we made a good dent in the food, we had a bunch left over.


After lunch we decided to let our food digest a little bit before heading out to the pool.  I will admit...we never made it out to the pool.  Instead we watched Lifetime/Hallmark movies for the rest of the afternoon while I tried to get semi -omfortable with my back.  It was miserable.  I have never had pain like that before.  I felt like I couldn't do anything...at one point I had to have help to stand.  Such a great friend! 

I had a minor breakdown later that day.  I just kept thinking how I needed to do my laundry and go grocery shopping and had no idea how I was going to be able to with the way I was feeling.  I made a desperate call to my mom, asking her if she would be willing to come down the next day.  After that, I then called my brother and thank goodness for my sister-in-law.  She really helped me out.  She has unfortunately been having back pain with her pregnancy...lucky for me she had learned some stretches to help deal with the pain and told me how to do them.  I think they really helped immensely.  I also ran to the store to get some Icy Hot which was a suggestion from my group text girls.  Thank goodness for my friends and family! 

After a pretty miserable evening, I woke up feeling SO MUCH better!  My back still isn't 100% percent but I am 20 times better than I was.  My mom still came down and we were able to spend a really nice day together.  We did some shopping, checked out an antique mall, ate, baked, ate some more, took a walk, did some laundry and some cleaning. 

It turned into quite an eventful weekend.  I never understood exactly what it felt like when people said their backs were hurt, but holy cow, do I now!  Definitely am thankful for those that listened to me complain, helped me out with being here or with their suggestions of how to help.  So very nice!  Now...note to self...lift with your legs, not with your back.  

Hope you guys had a great weekend! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I'm glad your back is feeling better, yikes! And I'm glad you still got to have your girls day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you poor thing!!! That is the worst!!! So glad you were able to recoup a little bit and still enjoy your weekend!

    XoxoX
    www.ManicMakeupGirl.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that your back is starting to feel better - that's terrible! At least you still got to have some fun with your friend though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh....so sad to hear about your back!!!! That is the worst! Glad you had some fun in there too though!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear your back is a little better. back pain is the worst! icy hot sounds like a great suggestion for that--i;ll grab some for next time!

    ReplyDelete