Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Waiting On...

Happy Wednesday!  I was searching for some more links up to do and came across this one with Holly @ While I'm Waiting.


 
I thought this was perfect because I am anxiously awaiting the completion of my balcony!
 
When I moved in, my balcony always seemed a little bit rickety.  I asked the office if they could come take a look at it to make sure it was safe.  I really wanted to use it as an outdoor space, since my apartment is on the smaller side.  I back up to a wooded area so it would be super nice to sit out and enjoy a beautiful day.  The office never came back with anything being wrong, so I went ahead and purchased two chairs and a small table.  I got everything out there and sat down for about 5 minutes before deciding to go back in because the floor moving just did not seem secure to me. 
 
Fast forward about a year later, and I come home to a note on my door from the office.  They were FINALLY going to redo our balconies!  I was SO excited.  The note mentioned it would be a couple days, but it has ended up being more like a month and a half to two months.  I am sure this crazy wet summer has something to do with that. 
 
I do feel like the end is in sight, though.  I noticed the other day that they were putting in the concrete footers, which I believe is the very last step.  Fingers crossed!  I cannot wait to get my furniture back outside, as well as my poor pot of flowers - they need some good sunlight!  It is going to be so nice to finally have a useable outdoor space.  Until then I will just sit tight and wait...and enjoy pictures of these lovely spaces below.



 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! A new balcony. Sounds wonderful.

    And, I love your pictures. You are going to have so much fun decorating it!

    I came over on While I'm Waiting, and I'm glad to find your blog. I also followed you on Pinterest.

    I hope we will have the chance to connect again soon~
    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pictures definitely make me ready to have the balcony done now! So many cute ideas! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I dream of a space to sit outside and just enjoy a cup of coffee - the joys of city living lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad they are finally fixing yours up so you can enjoy a little outdoor space! Those pictures have me itching to get all new stuff for our back deck... It's just SO expensive we've put it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting that they're replacing your balcony! Our balcony faces another apartment building...they have balconies and huge windows you can see straight into. Also we're on the corner by a busy street. So it's noisy and just not great for sitting and relaxing! But I can't wait to have a porch or deck or patio in a quieter area in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all these spaces are so inviting! I love balconies/deck that have hanging lights, it's so pretty, relaxing and romantic!

    I finally got around to my 10 hate/loves list today, thanks again for including me! And you were right it was harder to come up with 10 items than I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lights, too! Not sure if I can do them on my balcony but I am sure going to try!

      Can't wait to read your list!!

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, when the balcony is done you will be in heaven! It's so great having a nice outdoor space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in a tiny apartment too and we have a little balcony, but it makes a WORLD of difference being able to sit outside! I love it! I sit out there every morning and drink my coffee and we usually wander out after dinner at some point! I am so excited for you! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete