Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pinterest

Pinterest.  What in the world did we do before Pinterest?  It is one of my favorite apps/websites.  I could spend hours looking at different pins.  Today, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite pins.

 
I love this bedroom.  I feel like it has a lot of layers and texture that just really adds interest to the room.  The wall color is beautiful and the coral accents are such a nice compliment.  It seems super fresh and relaxing...definitely something I look for in a bedroom.  I think the accessories could be changed for the seasons, which makes it a big win in my book.  I have been wanting to update my bedroom, and I think this might be a good place to start for my inspiration!

 
I got this blanket scarf last year and absolute LOVE it.  The colors are perfect and can go with pretty much everything.  I knew it was a blanket scarf when I bought it, but I didn't quite realize how much material there was until I saw it in person.  This tutorial definitely helped me figure out the best way to wear it for me.  Thank goodness for Pinterest...otherwise my pretty scarf may have stayed in my closet for some time.


I love looking at Pinterest for picture ideas.  This one is so precious...how cute would it be framed in a baby's room?  I definitely think this is something I am going to try and do for my niece/nephew.  Only a few more weeks...I am SO excited!! 


I think one of the main things I use Pinterest for is the recipes.  I could search recipes all day, every day.  I would be totally happy if I could spend my days cooking and baking.  I have found some really good recipes via Pinterest...the one pictured above is definitely a favorite.  Chicken, asparagus, pasta, and parm cheese...super easy and super delicious.  There are so many more I have pinned and want to try.  Sounds like I have the makings of a new goal idea for the next few months!    

 
I pride myself in giving good gifts.  I just love the whole process...coming up with ideas, shopping, wrapping, giving the gift...all that!  Except...the ideas don't always come easy.  Sometimes I know exactly what to do, others times I need a little extra help.  Insert Pinterest.  There are so many great gift ideas to be found on Pinterest and the one above is no exception.  I did this for some coworkers one Christmas and it was a BIG hit.  I picked up a seasonal beer with really festive packaging for an extra touch.  It was a fun gift that they all really enjoyed.  I definitely plan on using this idea again. 
 
You can check out my other pins by following me on Pinterest via my button on the side, or by clicking on this link.


9 comments:

  1. That last pin made me excited for Christmas! Haha. I should probably slow my roll, it's five months away! I swoon over the home decor/organization ideas on Pinterest. I can't wait to have a house so I can implement more of them. Lately I've been looking at shorter hairstyles. Before Pinterest I would've Googled "medium length hairstyles" or something and it always takes you to those websites from like 2000 with super outdated hairstyles! So I'm glad I can do it this way now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love Pinterest and am obsessed! It actually is one of the things that inspired me to start a blog with all the beautiful pictures. Love this post! That bedroom is gorgeous, mine looks like that with more clutter and less colors haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see how it would be an inspiration to start a blog! I think Pinterest is how I discovered some of my favorite bloggers!

      Delete
  3. Just followed you! I'm 100% on board with pinterest there are endless ideas and you can just find anything on there! :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just reminded me that it's almost time to get my blanket scarf out of storage - love that look! I haven't had time to just "browse" pinterest in a few weeks and tonight there is finally nothing to do, the weather is nice and I plan on parking myself on the deck to do some happy searching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously...thank GOD for Pinterest!!! Those reindeer beer are the cutest! That is definitely happening in my house in December!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I did before pinterest? Saved a lot of time and energy, haha. I go through spurts of spending hours upon hours on pinterest to nothing at all.

    I love that blanket scarf and it's paired so nicely with the hunter red boots. The reindeer beer is adorable, Kyle loves beer, may have to do that for Christmas ha.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am right there with you, I love pinterest! I also use it mostly for food haha I love finding a good recipe and then making it over and over. That bedroom is gorgeous! I love the accent pillows and textures!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fall outfit is so cute, so excited for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete