Thursday, July 30, 2015

Owning It 7.30.15

Where has the month gone?! As it is the last Thursday of the month, I am linking up with Christina at The New Mrs.

 
With this link up, I get to 'fess up to some of my quirks and own them.  Without further ado...
 
I have a small sunglass obsession.  I have two in my purse at all times, sometimes three.  Just in case something happens to the other pair.  I have two pairs in a small basket in my apartment where I put my keys as back ups, as well as an extra pair in my car.  My eyes are super sensitive to the sun, or just glare-y weather so I always want to be prepared...even if it is a little excessive. 
 
I color code my Skittles or M&M's before I eat them.  It's a little OCD.  Separating Skittles makes a little more sense because the flavors are different, but M&M's not so much.  I make little piles of the colors and then eat them according to my favorites.  With M&M's, I like to keep one of each color for the very end to eat all together.  It's odd, I know.  It feels even more odd when typing it out!
 
My favorite number is 5.  It has been since I was little.  A few reasons could be because Emily has 5 letters and "e" is the fifth letter of the alphabet.  But if I really put some thought into it, I think it goes back to grade school...because my last name starts with a D, I was usually towards the beginning when lining up according to last name, normally, the fifth person in line.  It just stuck.
 
I love mac n cheese.  LOVE it.  When I was younger though, I would only eat the character shaped mac n cheese.  I didn't want to eat the regular noodles, and I definitely didn't want the shells.  I realize there is no difference in taste, but I only wanted the shapes.  Luckily I have grown out of that...granted, it wasn't until college, but that's here nor there.  Even though I will eat other kinds now, if I am buying mac n cheese you can bet there will be one box with shapes in my cart.
 
I don't like pie with fruit in it.  I don't even always like pie with something like chocolate pudding as a filling either.  I want to like pie.  When having lunch or dinner with my mom's side of the family, pie is usually always on the menu for dessert.  I always felt like something was wrong with me because it seemed that I was the only one who didn't eat pie.  However, there is just something about it I don't necessarily care for. 
 
I am constantly worried about leaving my straightener plugged in when I leave for work.  There have been many a times where I am in my car, ready to leave and suddenly wonder if I unplugged it or not.  Or I have just locked the door to leave and then start to question if I did or not, so I have to open back up the door to check.  It is crazy sometimes...I have ended up running late because of going back to check.  It is just a huge fear I have!
 
I am super clumsy.  I run into walls, furniture, pretty much anything around my apartment.  I just cut the corner too fast, or think I have more room than I do.  I often have a bruise on my leg from running into the coffee table or the chest I have in my bedroom.  Those things just come out of nowhere!  It definitely worsens when I am wearing my glasses, too.  I feel like I just lose part of my peripheral vision.  I can imagine it is super humorous to anyone that sees me, but sometimes it really hurts!
 
I am indifferent about French fries.  I feel like a ton of people love and crave them.  I am not one of them.  I am not saying I don't like them, but most times I order a different side instead of fries.  When I was younger, my skin was really bad.  I tried a ton of different things to get rid of my acne.  One of the medicines I took, I wasn't supposed to eat greasy, fried food with.  Therefore, no fries.  I am wondering if my mom just told me that back then to keep me away from fries and eating healthier, but either way I am definitely thankful she didn't let me eat them because now they are one less "bad" thing I crave.  Thanks, Mom!
 
I have Chapstick with me at all times.  To make sure that happens, I have one in my nightstand, one in my purse, one at work and like the sunglasses, one in the small basket where my keys are.  I hate having dry lips.  I used to just take one with me, but then I would forget it somewhere, like work, and not have it at home.  I buy multiple tubes and distribute them accordingly to all their "places."  Some people might think it is a little over the top, but I just like to think of myself as organized/prepared. 
 
I think those are all the confessions I will be making for now.  You can check out last month's owning it post here. 
 


16 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you on the link up! Girl, I'm with you on the straightener thing. I'm like that with the oven too! I've started taking pictures as a reminder. It saves you from unlocking the door :) And I walk into walls/door frames all the time. The struggle is real!

    Have a great day!
    Katy
    www.sarahkathrynreeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture idea...something I would have never thought of! I saw Christina does that, too...definitely need to remember that!

      Delete
  2. I always have Chapstick and sunglasses with me everywhere at all times and multiples. I love how your favorite number became 5. Oh and I've been known to leave my straightener on a couple times. It's so scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to leave it on...knock on wood...but it always freaks me out! I'm glad I'm not the only one that NEEDS sunglasses/Chapstick at all times!

      Delete
  3. Girl I am such a mac and cheese fan - especially lobster mac and cheese that is my favorite!!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally with you on the straightener & fruit pie! Oh and glad to hear someone else is as clumsy as me :)
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like we are definitely not alone when it comes to our straighteners!

      Delete
  5. I love sunglasses, but I always break them :( so they only stay in my car within the compartment for sunglasses.

    I love your story for why 5 is your favorite number, mine is 13 because it was my jersey number, the first year I became a teen.

    And mac n cheese....I would eat it all of the time if I could. I feel like we have sooo much in common with the leaving things on, running into things, chapstick, I'm just like that.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mac and cheese - my husband is plotting for a few steakhouse dinners while we are on vacation and they always have the best mac and cheese - is having it at each place too much?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mac and cheese and that you eat the ones with characters.

    That's so funny about your mom and fries, she's a genius! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime people say they need to stop eating fries, I just give her a silent, "thanks," for keeping me from eating them!

      Delete
  8. I definitely thought I was the only one who color coded my Skittles :) Glad to I'm not alone!! Hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking about them...now I am craving Skittles!

      Delete
  9. I do the exact same thing with M&Ms. Or if they're in a bowl and there are like 5 green ones in one area, I purposely take from there because I want the colors to be more evenly distributed hahaha. I sometimes eat my Skittles in order. Usually now I don't pour them all out, but of the ones I can see, I eat my least favorites to my favorites. Then I pour our more and repeat.

    I'm not a fruit pie fan. Except key lime, but that's just fruit flavored, not actual pieces of fruit, so I guess that doesn't even count!

    I always have random bruises from running into things too. The worst is when I do it at work...embarrassing.

    If I get fries as a side, I eat my entree first and then eat a few fries and I'm done. I know a lot of people start on fries first, but I'm just like eh.

    AND I have chapstick on my desk at work, in my purse, and on my dresser at home at all times.

    Sorry for the long comment...we're just being the same person again so I had to comment on the similarities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like fries, but am picky about what store/restaurant I will buy them from. They can be terrible if they are not made well.

    I also separate Skittles; best way to enjoy each flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to eat M&Ms of the same color too, and I always have to have an even number! It's so weird! I also have to have chapstick with me all the time too! I can't function without it.

    ReplyDelete