Thursday, July 2, 2015

July 2015 Goals

I cannot believe it is already July!  This year is half over!  It blows my mind.  Per usual, I am sharing my goals for the month.  First, let's take a look back at how I did with my June goals.

1.  Payment reminder calendar.  I am SO happy to say that I accomplished this goal.  Granted, it was just a few days ago I finally got everything together, but it counts because it was still June!  I have reminders a few days before my payment due dates on my work calendar, as well as written in my planner for safe measure.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I am not sure why I didn't do this sooner!  So glad I have it done now.

2.  Organize my bathroom cabinet.  Another goal completed!  I spent one of my Saturdays doing this.  I really feel that I created a much better system for myself.  It took a few days to get used to the changes, but now it seems like this is the way it's always been.  Details will be coming in a later post!

3.  Take more pictures.  Alas...one goal had to fall short.  This was the one.  Selfie stick still is unused.  I took ZERO pictures of my family at my sister-in-law's baby shower and ZERO pictures with my family Father's Day weekend.  Major fail.  I really hope that I can improve on this!

4.  Go through my dresser drawers.  Check!  My dresser drawers are cleaned out and newly organized.  I even made it through some of the clothes stored under my bed!  Now...if I can just make it through the rest of my clothes.

Here is what I have set for July.

July 2015 Goals:

1.  Drink more water!  I normally am really good at this.  There are few things I like better to drink than an ice cold glass of water.  However, I have been noticing that I get busy at work and don't drink as much, or I get distracted at home and before I know it, it is time for bed and I haven't had hardly any water since I have been home.  I can really tell a difference in how I am feeling, too, if I don't drink enough water.  This is something I definitely want to work on.

2.  Sorting and putting away mail regularly.  I have a bad habit of letting my mail pile up.  I usually open everything right away, but I don't always put it away.  I start a pile of things I need to come back to or that need to be put away, but it just continues to pile up.  It adds a little stress when I see the pile, and it just looks messy!  Hopefully after this month, it will no longer be an issue.

3.  No clothing/shoe purchases until I clean out my closet.  I have a ton of clothes...I have gotten rid of quite a bit, but I still need to purge more.  As a little motivation to get me to go through the rest of my clothes, I am going to not allow myself to buy anything else clothes-wise. 

4.  Go through my closet.  My third and fourth goals go hand in hand.  Hopefully my momentum from going through my dresser last month will carry through and help me accomplish this goal. 

Wish me luck!  Hopefully I will be even more successful than last month...although 3 out of 4 isn't too bad in my book! 

      

6 comments:

  1. I'm trying to drink more water too - I'm the worst at that and have been trying to get just a little extra in day by day! Yes to the no clothes and shoes until closet clean out except I'm trying to hold myself off until Fall items come out, I think I've over done summer, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink a lot of water at work and throughout the day and then for some reason when I'm home I forget to drink.

    I've tried spicing up my water and putting cucumber slices in and lemon too. Makes it so much more delicious and fancy and it's so simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lemon in my water...I will have to try it with the cucumbers, too! Great idea!

      Delete
  3. I drink a lot of water at work and throughout the day and then for some reason when I'm home I forget to drink.

    I've tried spicing up my water and putting cucumber slices in and lemon too. Makes it so much more delicious and fancy and it's so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drink tons of water at work (there's a water cooler, so I just fill up my 24-oz bottle a few times throughout the day) but at home it's ice from the icemaker in the fridge (which doesn't taste great) and tap water so I have a hard time forcing myself to drink it. I definitely leave my mail sitting around too and it drives me nuts! I need to get better about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great with your June goals! I just started cleaning out my closet and found some wardrobe holes that needed to be filled, but got rid of a lot of stuff too. I'm hoping I can resell some of it- I found some things in there that still had tags on them! Good luck with your current goals!

    ReplyDelete