Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Favorites 7.24.15

Happy Friday!  I am linking up with Momfessionals, A Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites!


I am also linking up with A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.

 
1.  Broccoli Sausage Rigatoni.  You can find the recipe here.  I love this meal.  I haven't made it in awhile and thought it would be perfect to make this week.  Oh goodness, did it hit the spot!  It was one of those times that since it had been awhile, I had forgotten how good it was, but when I made it I instantly remembered why it was one of my faves.  
 
2.  Antique finds.  My mom and I stopped by this antique mall when she was here on Sunday.  It was full of different vendor booths.  We had such a nice time looking at all the merchandise and found a few things to take home with us, too.  We were both pleasantly surprised with this place...most of the prices seemed reasonable and they had a good amount of things that were our taste.  It ended up being so much bigger than it looked from the outside, which is always nice.  I plan to check back there on a regular basis to see what new things are in inventory!
 
3.  My balcony.  My balcony is DONE!  I posted here about how I was anxiously awaiting the completion.  When I got home last night I had the "official" letter from the office stating that the balcony was done.  I knew it was done on Thursday, because they had removed the piece of wood from across my sliding glass door, but the letter made it final. 
 
4.  My Nordstrom Anniversary sale purchases.  I received what I had bought from the sale earlier this week and I was not disappointed.  I even got my blardigan, which wasn't supposed to arrive until August!  Holy cow, is that thing soft.  I knew everyone had raved about it, said how great if felt, but I didn't realize it would be THAT soft.  I am going to retry everything on again to make sure nothing needs to go back, but overall I am pretty pleased!
 
5.  Working from home.  Last night I got home, turned on the TV...and silence.  For some crazy reason my audio is not working.  After being on the phone with the cable company twice, twice with my Dad (Thanks, Dad!) in between my two cable calls, I ended up having to schedule an appointment with the technician.  Luckily, there was a time slot open for 8-10 this morning.  With my job, I have the ability to work from home.  I am super thankful for that, because it really comes in handy during these times.  I can still get my cable fixed (hopefully!) but I don't have to use my time off to do so.  
 
Hope you all have a great weekend.  I plan on taking it easy and catching up on some sleep!  Have a good one!  

11 comments:

  1. So exciting that you can finally use your balcony! That's great that you can work from home. I tried on my Anniversary Sale stuff last night and at least three things are going back. If only I didn't want to exchange them for other stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH so excited about your balcony! I would kill for a nice balcony to relax on!! Hope you have the best weekend filled with lots of sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rigatoni sounds delicious! I splurged on a blardigan during the sale too and absolutely love it!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Broccoli sausage rigatoni sounds delicious!

    Excited for you that your balcony is done! Perfect timing for the end of summer (how is it the END of summer already?!)

    Happy weekend Em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so curious about the blardigan and love that you bit the bullet and bought it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Antique shopping is so fun! You never know what you'll find! So glad your balcony got finished. We're about to undergo a kitchen reno. I'm still waiting on some of my Nordstrom purchases. So exciting!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Broccoli Sausage Pasta recipe looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! You should definitely try it...it's super easy to make!

      Delete