Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Currently...


I am linking up with Choose Happy to share with you what I am currently up to...

Working.  Now is my busy time at work, so that means I may potentially have long days at the office.  I have a love/hate relationship with quarter end.  I love being busy and how quickly the days go by, on the other hand, some days it seems like I eat, sleep, work and repeat.  I am just thankful I am only 5 minutes away from work, instead of the hour I used to be.  It definitely makes it better to only have a short drive home after a long day, as opposed to a long commute.

Missing Michigan.  Every year we take a family vacation to Lake Michigan.  This includes my immediate family, grandma, aunt, uncle and cousins.  We have been going for as long as I can remember.  It is literally my very favorite place ever.  I haven't been able to go the past 3-4 years because the timing of the trip conflicts with my busy time at work.  I am definitely missing everyone, as well as just being there.  Spending the days at the beach, visiting our favorite restaurants/shops, playing cards, watching sunsets on the beach...everything about this vacation is relaxing and just so enjoyable.  I am hopeful that the timing will change for next year and I will be able to join my family on vacation!  Until then, I will just imagine myself on the beach with a good book.

Reading.  I read SO much over the weekend.  I went through The Barbourville Series by Carolynn Carey in no time.  I love easy reads and this series definitely fits that description.  All the stories take place in this quaint little town, called Barbourville.  Reading these books made me wish this place existed so I could move there.  Like I said, it is an easy, light-hearted read which to me is perfect for the summer.

Eating.  Lately I have been into eating mashed avocado on toasted bagel thins.  Topped with a little Kosher salt and pepper, it makes the perfect breakfast or light dinner.  I've paired it with cottage cheese, or just some cut up strawberries and blueberries.  SO good.

Wanting to decorate.  I moved into my apartment about a year and a half ago.  I have always loved decorating and am super happy with how my little living room and dining room turned out.  However, my bedroom has always felt a little unfinished and I keep wanting to do something to make it feel "done."  I am not sure what exactly I want to do to accomplish this "finished" feeling, but it is definitely something that has been on my mind.

That's what I have been up to currently...what about you?!
 

6 comments:

  1. Avocado toast is so yummy. I have been craving avocado lately. Our apartment is way too tiny for all our stuff. I really wish we could make our apartment pretty but no amount of decorating will hide the overflow of clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can make MI this year. It's such a pretty state, and a little underrated. It's perfect lake life.

    I love avocados but I wish they were easier to prepare, they brown so quickly! But they're so worth it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great state! I love all the "Pure Michigan" commercials...makes me miss it even more!

      It would be so nice if avocados were easier to prepare...I always have trouble getting out the pit. I even bought a fancy avocado tool at Crate and Barrel, but it seemed more of a hassle than anything!

      Delete
  3. Avocados for the win!!! :) I love them so much! So nice that you're that close to work- makes the long days a little easier I bet! My commute is FAR too long haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to see Michigan. I have heard so many great things about it!!! And you know, as long as your bedroom is clean, that is the biggest win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I've had more time to read lately! Avocado in the summer is SO good!

    ReplyDelete