Monday, June 29, 2015

Summer Shoes

Happy Monday.  I am linking up with Erika and Andrea to share my favorite summer shoes.
When I saw this link up, I thought it was perfect.  I LOVE shoes.  I feel like you can never have too many pairs of shoes.  I have been told that my closet looks like a shoe store...I decided to take that as a compliment!

I tried to narrow it down some, but in the end I just decided to share all my summer favorites with you guys!  

Hunter 'Tour' Packable Boots.
These boots are amazing.  I bought them thinking they were a bit of a frivolous purchase.  Surprisingly, I have gotten so much use out of them!  I absolutely love them!  The other weekend I threw them on to go grocery shopping.  It wasn't raining, but had been earlier in the day so I thought to myself - perfect opportunity to wear my Hunters.  By the time I had checked out and was ready to leave the store, it was pouring outside.  I was so thankful I had these boots on because I ran through some deep puddles making my way to my car - had I been wearing any other shoes my feet would have been soaked and my mood definitely would have soured.  I love them in the winter, too, with these boot socks.  These boots really are perfect for all seasons.

Vince Camuto Mathis T-Strap Platform Wedge Sandals.
I had been on the hunt for a neutral wedge for quite some time.  I had an old pair that was on its last leg and needed to be replaced.  I came across these (also mentioned here) at Macy's and love them!  They are the perfect neutral and can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. 

Birkenstock 'Mayari' Birko-Flor Sandal. 
These came my way a few weeks ago.  I love the style and am super excited about them.  A word of warning though...break them in slowly.  I wore them one day and did a TON of walking.  By mid afternoon, I had multiple blisters on the bottom of my feet.  Ouch!  

Sam Edelman 'Gigi' Sandal.
I wanted these for so long and finally pulled the trigger on them this spring.  They are truly as wonderful as others have said.  I wish I could have them in all colors.  These sandals are super comfortable and the style is timeless.  Definitely a great addition to any wardrobe.

Converse Chuck Taylor 'Shoreline' Sneaker.
I am in love with these Converse shoes.  I love that they don't tie all the way up - I feel like it gives a more feminine look to the shoe.  Also, the shoes just slip on which is so nice.  If you do not own a pair, go buy them now.  You will not regret it.

And for my absolute favorite....Sperry Shoes.
I was introduced to boat shoes in college and have been wearing them ever since.  I think I have about 6 pairs...it is borderline obsessive.  This pair is my very favorite.  I bought them in a cognac color, but it looks like those are no longer offered.  However, that navy is catching my eye!  They are so soft and SO comfortable - even the first time you wear them!  You can pair them with anything...shorts, jeans, sundresses...anything. 

I can't wait to see everyone else's favorite summer shoes via the link up!  Happy Monday!    

 

11 comments:

  1. I think you and I picked some similar shoes!! So fun! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been contemplating getting the Converse shoreline sneaker, which will be super helpful once my baby bump gets big enough to make tying shoes quite difficult!!

    -Astleigh @ http://www.hillcollectionblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting a pair of the Converse Shoreline, but I tried them on and they felt SO narrow and tight. Do they stretch at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't noticed mine stretching at all...maybe a tiny bit? That's a bummer though, they are really cute!

      Delete
  4. I am OBSESSED with my black hunter boots! I used to buy cheap $20 pairs of rain boots all the time and finally took the plunge last year and bought these and they've held up so well! And it makes rainy days more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am OBSESSED with my black hunter boots! I used to buy cheap $20 pairs of rain boots all the time and finally took the plunge last year and bought these and they've held up so well! And it makes rainy days more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh you have the Gigis! I'm buying them once it's July and they won't be included in my June budget...I've already spent too much this month! :) I have red Hunters and I love them! It's been way too hot and dry here (yes, dry in the PNW...it doesn't rain as much as everyone thinks!) to wear them lately, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love my Sperry's too- awesome pick!! I just discovered your blog and it's adorable!! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a pair of Sperry "rain shoes" that I absolutely love!! Not only do they look cute, but they are so comfortable!! Those Vince Camuto wedges, I must own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wellies are one of my favorites too - I love having the black also because it goes with so much!

    ReplyDelete