Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sausage Broccoli Pasta

This is one of my very favorite recipes.  My mom passed along this recipe to me a few years ago and I am so thankful she did!  It is super easy and SO delicious. 

One of the best things about this recipe is that it is light enough for a spring/summer supper, but hearty enough for a cool fall or winter evening.  And did I mention it is easy?!  You may even find you have most of these ingredients on hand! 

 
Sausage Broccoli Pasta
1 lb ground Mild Italian Sausage (I use Johnsville)
1/2 lb Rigatoni Pasta
2 cups frozen Broccoli
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
Parmesan Cheese
 
Cook the pasta according to box instructions.  For the last four minutes of cooking, add the broccoli to the pasta.  While the pasta is cooking, brown the sausage.  Once the sausage is browned, place on a plate with multiple paper towels to soak up the grease.  In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, minced garlic, Kosher salt and black pepper.  Drain the pasta and broccoli.  In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, sausage, oil mixture and a handful of shredded parmesan cheese. 
 
Enjoy!  I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love rigatoni, I love sausage in my pasta, and I love broccoli! This sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is super impressive you love broccoli! I have such a hard time with cooked vegetables! Just another thing I love about this recipe...it will satisfy even those who don't like broccoli!

      Delete