Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread.  One of my VERY favorite things to have for breakfast. 

Every Christmas, my mom makes this for breakfast.  It is tradition.  And I am BIG on traditions.  We always HAVE to have this Christmas morning.  Even when I wasn't able to be with my family on Christmas morning, I made this.  It just doesn't feel like Christmas morning without monkey bread.  Over the years, as we have gotten older, our appetites larger, our family expanding, we have added other things to our breakfast, but monkey bread has always been a staple.  It is just so delicious. 

Since it is a big Christmas tradition, you may be wondering why I am sharing it with you in June.  That is because my mom made it this past weekend for Father's Day and I thought everyone needed this recipe ASAP.  The picture below is just half a recipe - it was only the three of us and we supplemented our meal with scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit to go along with the monkey bread.  I will be providing the whole recipe for you, though.  It should feed about 4 adults.

 
Monkey Bread 
4 cans refrigerator biscuits
1 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks of Unsalted Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar   

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray bundt pan with non-stick spray.  Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.  Cut the biscuits into fourths.  Coat biscuits in cinnamon and sugar.  Place in bundt pan.  Melt butter on low heat.  Add brown sugar, stir until the butter and brown sugar makes a sauce.  Slowly pour over biscuits in bundt pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. 

Enjoy!  I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE monkey bread! I also love gorilla bread, which is the exact same but filled with cream cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - this sounds ah-mazing!! I must find an excuse to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love monkey bread! We made it all the time as kiddos and I was just telling my co-workers about it!

    ReplyDelete