Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 2015 Goals

It's goal time!  I am going to revisit my May goals to see how I did, then follow up with my goals for June!

Last month I set four goals.  Four seemed like a good number to start with...it gave me a few things to do, but didn't seem overwhelming.  Unfortunately, I only achieved two of them!

May 2015 Goals:
1. Take stairs at work EVERY day.  I am happy to say I accomplished this goal!  Now it has become a habit, I just always take the stairs.  Check that off the list!

2. Meal planning.  I would say this was a success, as well.  I feel like I did better with planning.  Hopefully I can continue on this path!

3. Read more books!  Can we say major fail?!  Oops!  I did read, just not what I have listed.  The only one I can cross off the list below is Maude by Donna Foley Mabry.  I enjoyed this book for the most part...the beginning is really good, but then kind of falls short towards the end.    

  • The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
  • 41: A Portrait of My Father by George W. Bush
  • Maude by Donna Foley Mabry
  • Last Train to Istanbul by Ayse Kulin

4. Go through summer clothes.  This in no way, shape, or form happened.  That's all I have to say.    

On to June!

June 2015 Goals:
1.  Payment reminder calendar.  I want to set up payment reminders on my calendar.  This includes credit cards, utilities, insurance...anything that has a regular payment/due date.  It sounds so simple, like why do I not have this already?!  Definitely something I want to accomplish this month.

2.  Organize my bathroom cabinet.  When I moved into my apartment over a year ago, I tried to set up the cabinet in my bathroom in an organized fashion.  However, I don't think I did it in the most functional way.  The things I use on a regular basis are pretty well-kept, but any extra bottles or small tolietries are tossed in the back.  When I need something, I basically stick my hand in the back and feel around until I find what I need.  Not the best system at all.  I plan on checking around the blog world for bathroom organization ideas.  With everything out there I am sure I will be able to find a few different things I can incorporate.  Also, any suggestions from you would be much apprecaited!           

3.  Take more pictures!  Being with the girls this weekend really made me realize I need to step up my picture game.  They were always taking pictures!  I admit I have a selfie stick...I have never used it, but I have one.  Hopefully this month I will learn how to use it and be "that girl" out and about with her selfie stick, capturing pictures of myself with friends and family.

4.  Go through my dresser drawers.  Cleaning out my clothes in some aspect (dresser, closet, under the bed storage) is going to definitely be a goal on repeat until I actually get going and start purging.  Fingers crossed it happens this time!   

I am hoping that this time next month I will be able to report back that I have accomplished more than 2 out of my 4 goals (like May).  Wish me luck!   


2 comments:

  1. I love setting some goals for each month! Organizing my drawers makes me so happy… Once it's finally done, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Getting started is one of the worst parts and then once you get into it, there is no turning back when you have everything all over the place. But it is such a great feeling after the fact!

      Delete