Monday, June 8, 2015

Ebates

Ebates.  Have you all heard about Ebates?  It is the neatest website where you get a percentage of cash back on your online purchase and I am slightly obsessed with using it. 

For a long time, I was not really an online shopper.  I loved going to the mall, loved buying things in-store.  However, I have definitely shifted to buying the majority of things online.  It is just so dang convenient!  Especially since I was introduced to Ebates!

One of my friends told me about Ebates, and after using it once, I thought to myself...why have you not used this before?!  I saw the commercials on TV, but I didn't really understand how it worked and I never really knew anyone that used the website.  Thankfully my friend mentioned it and told me to sign up.  All you have to do is sign up using your email address and set up a password.  Then, when you go to do your shopping, you log into Ebates, search on the store/website you want to buy from, click "Shop Now" and voila, you are taken to the website of your choosing and make your purchase per usual.  You can get your cash back in multiple ways, but I choose to get the quarterly checks via mail.

Now, this doesn't work for every single place you want to shop and there can be exclusions, but I have found the majority of places are on there.  Some you just get 1% cash back, others you can get A LOT more.  Ebates occasionally has specials - one day I was able to get 16% cash back on my Nordstrom purchase.  Pretty awesome!

When I first signed up, I thought there had to be some kind of catch...I mean it seemed too simple.  However, I have been using it for about 9 months, and I haven't come across anything yet!  

I love getting an email with my cash back amount...it could literally be less than a dollar, but it is still fun to get a little something back, no matter what the amount is.  I figure every little bit counts!

It is quite possible I am the last person to know about Ebates, but on the off chance that someone else hadn't heard about it, or known anyone using it to hear about their experience with Ebates, I thought I would share.  Happy shopping!

       
     

3 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing!! I have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started using it super recently, and I do the majority of my shopping online...but I've made a few purchases and forgot to use it! I need to get better about remembering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem, too! I think there is a way you can remind yourself, but I haven't looked that far into it. It definitely is fun when you do remember though!

      Delete