Monday, May 4, 2015

May 2015 Goals

I can't believe it is already May.  It seems like this year has been flying by!

To start off May, I decided to make some goals.  I have noticed other bloggers doing this and I think it is a great idea!  It gives you a few things to focus on for the month, as well as provide some accountability by sharing with others. 

May 2015 Goals:

1.  Take stairs at work EVERY day.  I have tried to do this on a regular basis, but there are just days I don't want to deal with it.  The company I work for recently built a new headquarters.  The building is great, but the stairs aren't easily accessible from the parking garages.  Because of that, it isn't always the most appealing idea to take the stairs.  However, I am trying to be healthier, so I am going to make a conscious effort to take the stairs EVERY day for the month of May.  Hopefully it will turn it into a habit, and I will continue to do so even after May is over!

2.  Meal planning.  This is an ongoing battle for me.  Some weeks I do really well, others not so much.  When I go grocery shopping, I like to have a few dinners in mind to make for the week so I can pick up all the ingredients.  However, I don't always do this and it is definitely something I want to be better about.  That being said, even when I do have meals planned, it doesn't always work out because sometimes I forget to pull the meat out to thaw, or I am missing an ingredient I thought I had.  This isn't a big deal, as there are a bunch of groceries stores around me, but grocery shopping isn't necessarily my favorite thing in the world, so the less trips to the grocery store I make, the better!  This is just something I want to be more mindful of that will make life a little easier for me.     


3.  Read more books!  This will be an ongoing goal for me.  I already read a ton, but want to expand my horizons on what books I am reading.  For this month, I plan to read:
  • The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
  • 41: A Portrait of My Father by George W. Bush
  • Maude by Donna Foley Mabry
  • Last Train to Istanbul by Ayse Kulin

4.  Go through summer clothes.  This seemed like a good goal for May.  The weather is already getting warmer - supposed to get up to 86 today - and I want to make sure I am ready for it!  Going through my summer clothes will help to remind me what all I actually have, as well as give me an idea of anything I may need to purchase.  

Check back later this month, and I will let you know how I did with my May goals!  Wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment